xisto Community
Ike_ve

Languages You Know How many languages you speak/write..?

The topic is bassicly about langugages..So how many languages can you speak/write? What's your favourite language for speaking or writing? What language do you want to learn/don't want to learn? Would you learn any dead language, like Latin?.. ETC.I know to speak/write English.. The speaking isn't going very well becouse i twist my tongue B). I can translate the English (to Macedonian, my country language) very well without any dificulties, i've been translating movies for a year now. And i've been studying French for a half year at school, and i know the basic stuff :P. I hate French, it's hard to read, speak and translate B).. I mean, too many rules, you don't read the 'e' if it is at the end of the word, the 'ai' you read as one letter etc...My language (Macedonian) the oficial language of the country Macedonia, is very simillar with the other Balcan countries (my country neighbours:)) so i can speak them too. My favourite language for speaking is english with british acsent (it's so funny to me B)). I wanna learn Chinneese. Becouse it's very hard and interesting to speak. I don't want to learn any dead languages too, i wont have any use of them..That's it about me.. Say anything you have to say about this B)

The topic is bassicly about langugages..So how many languages can you speak/write? What's your favourite language for speaking or writing? What language do you want to learn/don't want to learn? Would you learn any dead language, like Latin?.. ETC.

I know to speak/write English.. The speaking isn't going very well becouse i twist my tongue B) . I can translate the English (to Macedonian, my country language) very well without any dificulties, i've been translating movies for a year now. And i've been studying French for a half year at school, and i know the basic stuff B) . I hate French, it's hard to read, speak and translate B) .. I mean, too many rules, you don't read the 'e' if it is at the end of the word, the 'ai' you read as one letter etc...My language (Macedonian) the oficial language of the country Macedonia, is very simillar with the other Balcan countries (my country neighbours:)) so i can speak them too. My favourite language for speaking is english with british acsent (it's so funny to me :P ). I wanna learn Chinneese. Becouse it's very hard and interesting to speak. I don't want to learn any dead languages too, i wont have any use of them..

That's it about me.. Say anything you have to say about this B)

About me:

Read/Write languages:- Nepalese, Hindi, Urdu, Japanese, C, C++, PHP, Win32, HTML. And you won't believe me if I said that I don't know to read/write English. B)

Edited by i101dotcom (see edit history)

The topic is bassicly about langugages..So how many languages can you speak/write? What's your favourite language for speaking or writing? What language do you want to learn/don't want to learn? Would you learn any dead language, like Latin?.. ETC.

I know to speak/write English.. The speaking isn't going very well becouse i twist my tongue B). I can translate the English (to Macedonian, my country language) very well without any dificulties, i've been translating movies for a year now. And i've been studying French for a half year at school, and i know the basic stuff :P. I hate French, it's hard to read, speak and translate B).. I mean, too many rules, you don't read the 'e' if it is at the end of the word, the 'ai' you read as one letter etc...My language (Macedonian) the oficial language of the country Macedonia, is very simillar with the other Balcan countries (my country neighbours:)) so i can speak them too. My favourite language for speaking is english with british acsent (it's so funny to me B)). I wanna learn Chinneese. Becouse it's very hard and interesting to speak. I don't want to learn any dead languages too, i wont have any use of them..

Hi, I love learning languages. I am basically bilingual in Spanish (native) and English (many years of study and lived in the USA and UK) and I have an intermediate level of Mandarin, Korean and French. I want to keep learning languages for as long as my brain takes them in.

Mandarin Chinese is not as difficult as you may think. Korean is far more difficult. I lived in Korea for almost three years and studied it really hard, but only reached intermediate level, because it is such a grammatically complex language and there are many levels of social respect built into the syntax itself. Reading Korean is actually easy as they use an phonological alphabet. It looks difficult because it is not a roman alphabet, but they are basically using letters, only their letters look funny.

Mandarin's grammar, on the other hand, is extremely simple, with rudimentary sentence syntax such as "I tomorrow go Paris". So can you actually get up and running with Chinese grammar. The difficulty in Chinese comes from:

The sounds - There are many S, SH, X, CH, ZH, Z sounds which are difficult to tell apart and there are also four tones which affect meaning. This can be difficult for people without a musical ear. If you do have a good musical ear, the Chinese sounds are not that difficult, and you may actually love to learn this language.

Writing and Reading !! - That is hard. No way around that. The Chinese alphabet is not phonetic and it is composed of over 20,000 different characters. Children just have to learn them by heart. You need to learn approximately 1,000 to be able to read fluently, and the average literate Chinese speaker knows about 5,000. I only know about 500 and I have to work very hard in that area if I want to really reach any level of proficiency.

------------------

Another topic I am very interested in is children and languages. I have a 3 years 10 month old boy who is learning three languages at the same time (English, Spanish, Chinese) and it is a delight to see him expressing with such ease - as a child does, of course - in English, switching to Chinese as needed and struggling a bit to communicate in Spanish with his cousins on Skype. I still have not found this topic (children and languages) on Xisto.com. Maybe I should start one?

Edited by freenrg (see edit history)

My primary language is Albanian. I use to study hard English since my childhood and probably learned Italian from Tv series and cartoons. I can't write to Italian but can manage to understand with someone who is coming from Italy.

The topic is bassicly about langugages..So how many languages can you speak/write? What's your favourite language for speaking or writing? What language do you want to learn/don't want to learn? Would you learn any dead language, like Latin?.. ETC.I know to speak/write English.. The speaking isn't going very well becouse i twist my tongue B) . I can translate the English (to Macedonian, my country language) very well without any dificulties, i've been translating movies for a year now. And i've been studying French for a half year at school, and i know the basic stuff :P . I hate French, it's hard to read, speak and translate B) .. I mean, too many rules, you don't read the 'e' if it is at the end of the word, the 'ai' you read as one letter etc...My language (Macedonian) the oficial language of the country Macedonia, is very simillar with the other Balcan countries (my country neighbours:)) so i can speak them too. My favourite language for speaking is english with british acsent (it's so funny to me B) ). I wanna learn Chinneese. Becouse it's very hard and interesting to speak. I don't want to learn any dead languages too, i wont have any use of them..

My dear friend. I can speak and write about 6 languages. They are English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Sanskrit, Urdu. My favorite language is Malayalam as its my mother tongue. I want to learn French. I am very keen towards learning languages and thats why I want to learn more and more languages. Is their any one who can help me in learning online languages and that also for free specially French if possible please help me. Thanks in advance.