xisto Community
Digitalidad

Please Review My Online Portfolio

Hi guys!It's been a long time since I don't post in Xisto, I know, but this crisis has had me working my *** out :P Anyway, I'm back and I'd like you to please review my site (proudly hosted at Xisto, of course). As you'll see, it's become an online portfolio since I'm freelancing my graphic design services (the crisis again!). You won't find any contact information there, which was made on purpose, but you'll find a lot of logos and mascots and other weird things. Please don't pay so much attention to the quality of the draws, but to the design of the whole site (should look modern and professional). Any suggestions (not too techy) will be welcome.If you wish, you can take a look at the logos and let me know your opinion about them too. B)Thanks in advance!

You won't find any contact information there, which was made on purpose,

Without contact information, how do you expect potential clients to contact you? Even if you provide contact information on paper, it is likely to get lost or forgotten, so you'll severely limit the amount of business you get.

but you'll find a lot of logos and mascots and other weird things. Please don't pay so much attention to the quality of the draws, but to the design of the whole site (should look modern and professional). Any suggestions (not too techy) will be welcome.

Just a few little issues that need fixing. Firstly, the banner and menu at the top don't actually line up with the content. The top section is a few pixels further to the left compared to the bottom. Also, as you scroll, the grey line between the content and the menu changes size - keeping it constant would look a little better.

Without contact information, how do you expect potential clients to contact you? Even if you provide contact information on paper, it is likely to get lost or forgotten, so you'll severely limit the amount of business you get.

Just a few little issues that need fixing. Firstly, the banner and menu at the top don't actually line up with the content. The top section is a few pixels further to the left compared to the bottom. Also, as you scroll, the grey line between the content and the menu changes size - keeping it constant would look a little better.

Thanks for your comments! In fact, I'm freelancing in a website, so I only give the URL to the people who have an interesting project I can work in. Also, I wouldn't like all the competitors to check my designs. :P And most important, if I give any contact information before I get a project I'll be penalized in the site.

Your observations about the lining are correct. I'll try to fix it.

Thanks again!

I really like the logos that you made, as they look very professional! The website design looks very professional and neat, and the website loads very fast!Which program do you use? I am running CS2 and I'm looking for some styles and such that might make my work look more professional, if you can give me any suggestions.

I really like the logos that you made, as they look very professional! The website design looks very professional and neat, and the website loads very fast!
Which program do you use? I am running CS2 and I'm looking for some styles and such that might make my work look more professional, if you can give me any suggestions.

Thanks for your comments! I'm using AI and PS CS2 too indeed. And the web was made with Frontpage 2000. No big deal. Only basic html's. It was meant to be very simple (almost minimalistic B) ) so that it didn't take me a lot of time to put it online and was able to load fast although it was very "graphic".

And the best suggestion I can give you is to use the internet a lot to find the leaders in what you want to do -in this case, logos-, and then try to imitate them. It's great practice to clone something you like.

Now, if you can get the original files it's much better because you can see how they managed to get some special effects. For example, if you go to micro stock sites like http://www.istockphoto.com/ca/landing/unsupported you can purchase very professional vector files, which you can open and analyze. That way you learn a lot from the best.

The second step is to practice a lot and if you can't do something use the internet again and try to find a tutorial or make a post looking for help... which reminds me I have to post something like that here in Xisto :P

And keep your mind open. Sometimes we think a logo must be very simple in terms of color and shapes but today people use them a lot on the net and print full color stuff for little money, so you may use special effects like shadows and make your designs look better (if the style suits the company, of course). Again, take a look at what others are doing well!

All the best,