xisto Community

All that Remains is a metalcore band from Mass. I decided to make a fansite for them since they are a great band, and there are no fansites for them out yet. The site that I made so far is just a forum, but I may expand it to a CMS and fansite if enough people join it. The theme that I am using is one of the best (if not the best) dark theme for SMF. The logo is getting changed so that the back blends in more with the background. Any comments (and even negativity) is appreciated, as the site is very slow right now.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Not bad skin there. I would suggest you create a better looking banner that fills the entire header. It looks unprofessional when you waste space like that. The header banner is just too small.

Hey good album metallica forum right? Why don't you pay someone just to add some functionality and articles. I could help you and you could pay me few pennies for such a band I really loved. Oh I just covered some of their songs. I think you have some problems with images loading on the menu. You should try to make an image and include all pieces of the menu images in it. So you won't have problems on those images on loading( I mean on hover)..

All the images load for me. Which images aren't loading? I have to have the menu load in two images, so that the images are right behind the text.I plan on adding more articles to the site, once I get more time, including lyrics and info about the band.And no, it is not a Metallica forum, it is an All That Remains forum.

Nice site...very good looking theme but remove the banner at the top, its not that cool and isn't blending well withe the rest.I will be able to judge objectively when there is more content otherwise the design is topnotch!!

Thanks for the reply. I plan on replacing the banner at the top with one that blends in with the theme better. The black in the banner looks terrible, and unfortunately the person who made it didn't give me the psd, so I can't editor until he replys to my message.I hope to be able to put more content in soon.

Hi!I haven't heard of the band, but I think the forum skin looks cool!The header/logo on top looks like it was simply copy-pasted so you might want to turn the black background into something that matches the background on the rest of the site. Also, it ought to be wider, perhaps all the way till the search box.BTW, can you add icons to represent the different categories with the simple machines forum? If it does support the feature, then you ought to.Regards,Nitin

I'm going to be getting a new banner...eventually. I might request one here if some other sites don't make one. I can add icons for different categories, but there isn't enough art for the band for me to do it, they don't have a logo yet.

The look is nice. Very dark, but still nice. :3 The logo is pretty, but I'm not so sure if I like the picture behind the login box. It doesn't really look like the pictures blend much. Good luck with getting a new banner.This looks like a very nice forum, but I don't think I'll join since I don't know the band. Will check it out though. :lol:

The new logo is up :XD:Also I don't know if I mentioned this before, but the lead singer promoted my site (and as far as I know, he likes it too). It gave me close to 700 uniques nearly a week ago. He posted it via Twitter and Myspace :lol:

The new logo is up biggrin.gifAlso I don't know if I mentioned this before, but the lead singer promoted my site (and as far as I know, he likes it too). It gave me close to 700 uniques nearly a week ago. He posted it via Twitter and Myspace

You are lucky mate. Thats just the sort of thing I need too! Thanks for the idea...

I see your site is maturing steadily..god luck mate and nice work!

I am definitely loving the site, good job dude but I do have a problem with the login box at the top because it is right under the menu bar and placed inside the image which makes the top portion look too busy. I think the login box at the bottom is perfect as it does not interfere with the site but does it's job...