xisto Community
jjaenagle

Windows Mobile 6.5 Coming!

so winmo 6.5 is coming in may for developers... are there any for winmo?I have a samsung omnia and waiting for that day to come lol....as soon as that OS is out, people will be cooking up some new roms for it and i really want to test it out!

How to backup contacts to PC for windows mobileWindows Mobile 6.5 Coming!

Many friends find it is boresome to manager mobile contacts.Sepecially when the phone is lost,broken or reset, so they have to add contacts one by one on the phone again.Now I found and recommend this  third party software called "GodswMobile Contacts Transfer" for Windows Mobile phone to transfer contacts to your laptop computer.Here is the user?s guide (4 main Steps)1.Download GodswMobile Contacts Transfer and install on mobile phone.2.Transfer contacts from windows mobile to computer.3.Manage windows mobile contacts on computer.4.Restore contacts to windows mobile phone.1.Download GodswMobile Contacts Transfer and install on mobile phone.Step 1:Download GodswMobile Contacts Transfer from Here.Step 2:Unzip(Open) the file you downloaded just now and copy the consistent installation file "WM6_GodswContactsTransferSetup.CAB" to your mobile device. You may need to connect your device to a computer using ActiveSync. You can also transfer the file using a memory card.Step 3: On your mobile phone, navigate to the location of the CAB file using File Explorer. Click on the CAB file-"WM6_GodswContactsTransferSetup.CAB" and click "Install" to start the installation. You could choose install in your device or Storage Card as you wish (displayed as the following screenshot).Posted ImageStep 4: Now installation has been completed. Select "OK" to continue.2.Transfer contacts from windows mobile to computer.Step 1: Click "Start"button and then select "Programs", you will see the follow screenshot.Posted ImageStep 2: Run?Contacts Transfer?,you can see the main windows of GodswMobile Contacts Transfer.Posted ImageStep 3: Click the ?Backup? button, and then you will see a screenshot the follow:Posted ImageStep 4:Click ?Save? button to start backup.Like a screenshot as follow:Posted ImageStep 5:You will see a backup file on your mobile phone after backup completed.And then you can transfer this backup file to your computer simply by ActiveSync.3.Manage windows mobile contacts on computer  Step 1:Fistly,you use GodswMobile Contacts Transfer to backup your contacts into a .Cts file in your mobile phone. Details please view: Transfer contacts from windows mobile phone to computer.Step 2:Transfer the contacts backup file(*.Cts) from your mobile phone to your computer by ActiveSync. Then run the 'GodswMobile Contacts Manager.Exe' on your computer. Simply click 'File' -> 'Import'. See the screenshot as following:Posted ImageStep 3: Then you will see there is a popup window. You can simply select a contacts backup file which you wanna edit or view and then click 'open'.Posted ImageStep 4:Now all contacts you selectd are imported into GodswMobile Contacts Manager. See as the following screenshot: Posted ImageStep 5:There are different view modes for you to view or edit your contacts. For example, if you check 'Contact View' box, the contacts will be displayed as the above mode; if you check ?'Contact List' box, the contacts will be listed in the following way (see the following screenshot).Posted ImageEdit the contacts information, set photo and ringtone for every contact as you like.Posted ImageSwitch contact between sim card and outlookIn the storage type, you can switch contacts to sim card or switch contacts to mobile, which can help you switch contacts between sim card and outlook easily. Posted ImageAdd new contactsRight Click to choose 'Add New Record' GodswMobile Contacts Manager,you can add a new contact simply.Posted ImageOutput your edited contacts as .Cts Backup File and restore backto your phoneYou can export the contacts to a ?.Cts? backup file (*.Cts) by Clicking the 'Export' option. This backup file can be restored back to and read as contacts in your window mobile phone .Posted Image4.Restore contacts to windows mobile phone?  Step 1:Run ?Contacts Transfer?.You will see a screenshot as follow:Posted ImageStep 2:Click the ?Restore?button and you will see the follow screenshot, then select the file which you need to restore and then click ?OK? to restore:Posted ImageDonePosted ImageFree download:

http://rapidshare.Com/files/345148709/godswmobile-contacts-transfer.Zip
-reply by tingelsky

I also have a Samsung Omnia SGH-i900v and cant wait for Winmo 6.5 to be out. But I would rather wait a bit more for a more stable ROM so I dont mess things up in the phone. I have a Samsung Blackjack II too. Dont know if it can handle Winmo 6.5, but I'd love to test that on it too. I prefer to use a Winmo application called PIM Backup to backup my contacts. This application is so awesome in the sense that it back up/restores your Contacts, Messages, Call logs (and I really mean your whole call logs), files and folders too if you select it in the backup options. I have used this application and I am 100% sure that it saves everything cos I ve had to reset my Omnia's memory to manufacture default when it caught a virus and everything came back like I never did the reset. Aint that awesome?It is a FREE app and I recomment you give it a try.