xisto Community
Dodger

The Most Idiotic Thing You Heard A Christian Say

What the title says. What's the stupidest and most asinine statement you've ever heard from a Christian?The pastor at the church my mother drags me too has said some truly dumb things in the past, to the point where I was both pissed off and saddened about the religion. Here are a few (paraphrased).A. "People say that the pastor brainwashes people. They're right. My job as a pastor is to wash your brain."B. "Ever since you were born, you sinned."

The B part.. that's called original sin I believe. So when you are born, you already have sinned. It's true in the religion of Christianity and probably a few others too.The most appalling thing I've ever heard a "Christian" say is, "if you don't follow the word of God, I hope you go to Hell." Quoted directly from a certain elder person from my school. We were on the topic of some of the odd things in the Bible and she was set off her rocker. I was very shocked to say the least..

Well, since I rebelled, I think pretty much all of what they say is stupid!'You must follow Jesus or be condemned to hell', 'God loves you', 'Worship him', 'If you are being murdered, stand there and take it, for God loves you and he will save you', f*** off, darned mongs!Just a bunch of brainwashed slaves!

The B part.. that's called original sin I believe. So when you are born, you already have sinned. It's true in the religion of Christianity and probably a few others too.

The most appalling thing I've ever heard a "Christian" say is, "if you don't follow the word of God, I hope you go to Hell." Quoted directly from a certain elder person from my school. We were on the topic of some of the odd things in the Bible and she was set off her rocker. I was very shocked to say the least..

46055[/snapback]

That's such a strange thing for someone to say, considering it goes against everything Christianity is for... :D

That's such a strange thing for someone to say, considering it goes against everything Christianity is for...  :D

46309[/snapback]

And it does basically mean that all humans being born are a sin.... WTF, somebody smack some sense into them, they need it!

My personal favorites are from a very famous christian."Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.""They MISUNDERESTIMATED me.""They want the federal government controlling social security like it's some kind of federal program.""The fact that he relies on facts...says things that are not factual...are going to undermine his campaign."There are too many to list! He is either the most brilliant comedian or a true idiot. I hope you guys can guess who I am talking about.

There are too many to list! He is either the most brilliant comedian or a true idiot. I hope you guys can guess who I am talking about.

George W?

There are too many to list!  He is either the most brilliant comedian or a true idiot.  I hope you guys can guess who I am talking about.

46339[/snapback]

Michael Moore? We don't know!!

Ok my answer is somewhat generic and a conversation that every fellow athiest has been engaged in during their lives sometime:"Do you believe X is true?" "Yes.""How do you know?""Faith/The bible"Either on of these two answers make me just walk away and shake my head as they finish the sentence. It's just to blatently ignorant.

my previous post.. yes, the infamous George Jr.As for Thoughtvoid, I'm not sure what you are trying to say in your post. Being an athiest simply means you don't believe in a higher being. Why then would you mock someone who has faith? Why is it blatently ignorant to have faith in something?You may call me ignorant for this but... I personally believe calling someone ignorant for having faith or even having religious beliefs is ignorant.

You may call me ignorant for this but... I personally believe calling someone ignorant for having faith or even having religious beliefs is ignorant.

46517[/snapback]

I agree. I mean I may not be the most religious person in the world, but I do believe it is good to have some faith. If you have no faith, in my opinion, you're so realistic that it may turn bad and you can come into a state of depression. It's good to believe in the belief that there's something after life for us..

What the title says. What's the stupidest and most asinine statement you've ever heard from a Christian?

The pastor at the church my mother drags me too has said some truly dumb things in the past, to the point where I was both pissed off and saddened about the religion. Here are a few (paraphrased).

A. "People say that the pastor brainwashes people. They're right. My job as a pastor is to wash your brain."

B. "Ever since you were born, you sinned."

46039[/snapback]

Dodger,

As a Christian I'm very offended with this topic that you've chosen. I can respect that you have your own opinion and that you have the right to post this topic, but I think that it insults my belief and slanders Christians in general. While I agree that we are to control our attitudes, speech and opinions, we are human as well...therefore we will make mistakes. And to explain B. above, all of us are/were born into sin (called original sin per Adam and Eve) and our only redemption to be with God is through his son, Jesus Christ. Listen, I was "dragged" to church when I was young by my mother and although I didn't like going to church every Sunday (Catholic) I thank my mother for her faith and willingness to obey God and "instruct me in the ways I should go." I am a better person, Christian, husband and father because of her influence. My goal in writing this is not to offend you or be overly "preachy", but if this is the case then so be it...Jesus wasn't liked by everyone and so I don't expect to be as well. I don't consider you my enemy and I don't wish to have any animosity between us...

Please make wiser choices in selecting future topics.

Thank You,

God's peace to you,

Byrdhouse

Well, since I rebelled, I think pretty much all of what they say is stupid!

'You must follow Jesus or be condemned to hell', 'God loves you', 'Worship him', 'If you are being murdered, stand there and take it, for God loves you and he will save you', f*** off, darned mongs!

Just a bunch of brainwashed slaves!

46060[/snapback]

Zentron,

Please carefully read the reply above that I wrote to Dodger and I think you'll get my thoughts on this subject.

God's Peace,

Byrdhouse

It's kinda stupid when you look at it, but I guess I'm not one to talk, every relgion assumes that all the other religions are wrong. But, anyway, I hear too many stupid things, but none as stupid as what I've seen here.I guess america is just the most religous country.. O_o not much different than islam, is it.. psh..

America the most religious country? I really have to disagree on that one, maybe the most diverse religious country.. but not the most religious.