xisto Community
Dodger

The Most Idiotic Thing You Heard A Christian Say

one things I get annoyed from a Christian is like teenagers who abuse it. Like they sneak out and lie to their parents and then come home saying God told them to do that or he let me do that that's why he gave me an oppurtunity to sneak out lol. Stupidness. And then they keep doing that and saying they'll get padoned if they pray. its like making a mistake and using money to cover it up. just ignorant and teen rebellious.

i'd agree that's pretty stupid. though who's more stupid, the teens who use those excuses or the parents who accept (?) their BS.

I'm just wondering if this was a very nice thing to do, to make a topic on just what Christians say. What about Buddhists, Atheists, Muslims, or Hindus?
Why imply that only Christians say idiotic things?

Why not create a topic "The Most Idiotic Thing Someone Has Said?" instead?

Just wondering if you're not bringing your own bias to the community here. I've had such a wonderful experience so far, I'd hate for things to deteriorate.

While there hasn't been any flaming, I'm just politely reminding everyone to be considerate and open-minded.

hell yes, we could have a discussion on the most idiotic thing an atheist has said. But really, to me it all comes down to Hollywood crap. In movies, who are the bad guys? inevitably there's either some christian fanatic or terrorist muslim. And that's ingrained in people's minds, to when you hear the word "religion", the first thing that comes to mind is what people have seen on TV.
here's an example: Johnny Mnemonic.
who is the bad guy? a crazy priest. --really a totally unnecessary addition.
a person who isn't a christian watches that, and goes away with that picture of a christian in his mind.
That sure as hell isn't equality of religion.

"I am a Christian, and we don't lie! I didn't steal your mp3 player!""Then why is it in your pocket? When you said it wasn't." "I said I'm a Christian" ... It's sad, but true.

Well i did bring the thread back to life as it was fairly old. Technically i sorta caused it to be a heated discussion by bringing it back. I really enjoy reading things about peoples beliefs and all. I found this and found it quite interesting..

136807[/snapback]

HA HA HA!!!!

It's alive! It's alive!

"The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire. We don't need no stinkin' water; let the ** ** burn" -_-

I think the most idiotic thing is that they always say 'God loves you/me' or 'God will forgive you'.I mean....have they ever seen the Lord? Okay....there are stories about how God has touched someone during a prayer or a near-death encounter with a white figure that saved them.....If you do good on Earth to be rewarded in heaven by God, I think the whole concept of 'GOOD' is all mixed up....seriously mixed up..... And if you do not do bad just because you are afraid to be sent to Hell or 'punished by God'.....another seriously mixed up concept.They always praise the Lord and claim that anything good that happens to them is 'by the grace of God' and anything bad is 'a punishment from God/Heaven for defying him'.I would not say Chistianity is dumb.....maybe it is just that I have not fully understood it yet....-Shackman

Edited by Shackman (see edit history)

One has to be careful what to say these days. When someone tries to convert me or put me on the "right" path I simply look them in the eye, smile and say "it's ok, I'm going to hell". Then I walk away knowing how aweful that person feels HeHe.

i'd say all these guys who talk about christianity is not true, but in several places the pastors make wrong statements for their own benefit and get bad anme for the christians.

"All Hail Stan.. I mean Satan", to irresistible to mention that. Of course back in my youth when the pastor did his sermon I would sleep. Go figure that he could do something my parents tried to get me to do during the weekends :P.

Of course back in my youth when the pastor did his sermon I would sleep.

Funny, i did the same thing. :P But, meh, i was a child back then. I was only interested in what i found interesting, at that time. Plus, i had my own questions about it. Now the questions are answered and i don't regret being a Christian. I'd just regret leaving it.

Amen to that Truefusion. I haven't realy heard any Christian say anything dumb at all, except for the fact that some Christians are a little misinformed, and are still human. Ah, it's good to be back. Anyway, no one is perfect, and Christians are expected to be better, comes with the title. Lol, I think pastors fall under the ones that say the dumbest things, though. Just happens with the job, up in front of people so much.

Honestly, being a Christian, I cant believe some of the things you are saying about my religon. The truth is, ever scince you were born, you have sinned, weather you realized it or not. This incredibly contrivertial stuff here and I can't wait for you to get slammed for it. Honestly, I think this topic should be retitled, "Look at all the dumb things thes anti christs are saying!!!" And honestly, I think you are just making these things up.

My friend sidesteps the "consequences" of her actions, as per the tenets of Christianity, by not believing in Hell. I find that a little convenient, that you can pick and choose like that. "You have to pay these taxes" "What? I don't believe in the IRS!" "Well...all right then".

Also, I was telling her about the Roman "Christmas" festival, Saturnalia, which our Latin Club celebrates every year. Her first words were, "WHAT, CHRISTMAS WITHOUT JESUS?!" Yes, dear, because the Romans didn't adopt Christianity until many years after Saturnalia. Besides, you can't expect the Romans to celebrate Christmas in such a fashion, considering what Rome is notorious for, concerning Christianity.

Honestly, being a Christian, I cant believe some of the things you are saying about my religon. The truth is, ever scince you were born, you have sinned, weather you realized it or not. This incredibly contrivertial stuff here and I can't wait for you to get slammed for it. Honestly, I think this topic should be retitled, "Look at all the dumb things thes anti christs are saying!!!" And honestly, I think you are just making these things up.

Not everyone is a Christian, not everyone believes in original sin. In fact, to believe in original sin, you have to believe in Creation, and even then, why believe that you are impure because of one completely pure action of curiosity undertaken by Eve? It seems like you're devaluing yourself, and just accepting it.

As far as getting "slammed" for it, it's important for people to showcase their own views. No one said that Christians are absolutely pure in their mannerisms -- in fact, you yourself mentioned the "original sin", which turns things against you entirely. If we were making these things up, which the majority of us are likely not doing, then, you'd have a valid point. What you don't want to do is accept that there are members of all religions -- yes, even Christianity -- that are fanatical about their religion and express it in strange ways. Christianity is not idealistic at all. If anything, I'd leave that for Buddhism, etc.

How are we Antichrists, mermaid? Care to explain that? We're doing nothing to destroy your religion. We're just showcasing some of the flaws of one religion, which can only be interpreted by its members, and from that point, can be transferred to the rest of society. If one or two members messes up, i.e., above, you can't just exclude them from your precious society. You, like everyone else, exhibit imperfect traits. And one of them, at this point, appears to be arrogance.

[1]How are we Antichrists, mermaid? Care to explain that? [2]We're doing nothing to destroy your religion. [2:1]We're just showcasing some of the flaws of one religion, which can only be interpreted by its members, and from that point, [3]can be transferred to the rest of society.

[1]Merely mentioning a want in change in topic title doesn't necessarily mean that she is accusing the people in this topic of being anti-Christs. However, it is quite possible to become an anti-Christ by trying to debunk the Christian religion, because being a Christian means to accept Christ. Therefore, those against Christianity, in a sense, can/could be called anti-Christ, for if you're not for something, then you're against it.[2][2:1]I do believe showcasing flaws is a form of debunking a religion, therefore trying to get rid of a religion or the belief in a religion—which would lead to "destroying" that religion; "destroy," as in bringing it to an end.
[3]Transferring something to society can be done without the need of pointing out flaws in a religion.

First, yes I am Christian, and I believe in what can be called a global/unified religion (all religion is interconnected).For now let's do two things: be honest and remove the religious element. This thread started with merit because indeed some Christians say stupid things, and indeed I have heard some, but some (not all) of the remarks made here are baseless. To believe that all Christians, or Christianity itself is stupid, simply because you don't agree is ignorant. Honestly, people everywhere say stupid things, even atheists.I believe Christianity gets a lot of flack because it is under a microscope as a majority religion. Which is OK, it simply means that Christianity as an organization needs to be strong in it's convictions - but there's the problem. There are so many divisions of Christianity that some contradict each other. Furthermore, just like any religion, there is such a division as orthodox, or even beyond that fanatical.If you were to remove the religious factor you'd find that these people are probably ignorant and say stupid things. Religion, Christianity in particular is not about what others say, it's about what you believe. Some people take their beliefs too far. Let me use the example of the war in Iraq; Bush claims that the war is God's war (I'm paraphrasing). Now would that make you say "Christians are stupid" or "Bush is a stupid Christian"?In the end it all boils down to faith, if the misspoken words of a few push you away from your religion, then perhaps your beliefs did not match to begin with.I also find it interesting that this topic is not "The most idiotic thing you heard a faith leader say".

Edited by Renaissance (see edit history)