xisto Community
Dodger

Why Do Women Go Insane Over The Toilet Seat?

My wife got on my case this morning about my leaving the toilet seat lid up during the night when I got up to take a whiz. Apparently she almost took the plunge when she went in there in the dark and took a seat. My response to her was that she never lifts the lid for me after she's done, so why do I need to put the lid down when I'm finished. Why can't everyone just look out for themselves when it comes to peeing? Is this too much too ask? Do women not want equal rights in the toilet area?

i always get the complaint that "I almost fell in" or "I sat on the bare toilet". My response is always, "check before you sit down then!!" I mean seriously, I have NEVER sat down on the toilet unless the seat was down.. it is pretty obvious that one should check before sitting down... I just can't understand it.it is a double standard. women still want men to be the "gentlemen", open doors, pay for dinner, etc... they want to keep all the good things they had when it was "unequal" and take only the good things of equality. Sorry to say this, but if women want equality, they have to take the good AND the bad.

My response to that would be that the bottomside of the toilet seat is kind of grungier than the top side, and also, my brothers never put it down or clean it. It's usually my mom or myself. It's not that you're about to fall in or anything, it's probably just the sanitary part of it. We women just like it down!

Why not keep it down and pee in it? Because then it could possibly get peed on. I bet most women would throw a huge fit over that. I always check before I sit down, women should too. Or they should put the toilet seat up after they get done, that's equal to us putting it down.

Why not keep it down and pee in it? Because then it could possibly get peed on. I bet most women would throw a huge fit over that. I always check before I sit down, women should too. Or they should put the toilet seat up after they get done, that's equal to us putting it down.

46079[/snapback]

i don't like it when boys don't put the toilet seat back down i never say anything about it to my guy friends but i do almost fall in!

i guess id rather have someone leave the toilet seat up then pee all over the seat ew!! i wouldn't like cleaning that off AT ALL. i'd def say something then... nevermind say something, id probably explode that'd be so nasty lol!! no one wants to sit in pee :D

it is a double standard.  women still want men to be the "gentlemen", open doors, pay for dinner, etc... they want to keep all the good things they had when it was "unequal" and take only the good things of equality.  Sorry to say this, but if women want equality, they have to take the good AND the bad.

46034[/snapback]

Absolutely correct, well said!

no9t9, you have really made one of the best statements by a man on women's rights I have ever seen. Something like this has always been there in my mind, but it was never expressed this explicitly!

Thank you

Googlue

no9t9, you have really made one of the best statements by a man on women's rights I have ever seen. Something like this has always been there in my mind, but it was never expressed this explicitly!

Thank you

Googlue

46102[/snapback]

I concur. (I agree)

I hear about the toilet seat from women more often than almost any other complaint (excepting the ever-famous "WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?") I understand why a woman would look at the situation from her standpoint, but we should still get our rights to the toilet.. lol. Keep the seat down, leave it up, it's all the same to me, but obviously, it's something special to your female counterpart.

Panda

Thank you

Googlue

46102[/snapback]

Oh please don't tell me you're turning toilet seats into an equal rights issue! If you want to get on a soap box about "double standards," bathroom problems aren't exactly material for a cogent argument. (Unless it's just a facetious suggestion, which I hope it is.) If you want to talk double standards, let's go with glass ceilings in the workplace, for example. There aren't a whole lot of gentlemenly 'perks' women receive as it is - postmodernism has killed chivalry. So holding doors, paying for dinner, toilet seats... what else might "gentlemen" do for their ladies that isn't too much work? Oh, but right, the equality thing... we have to treat females equally. If it's going to come down to a gender-related rights issue, I for one will pay for dinner myself and open my own doors. But I would hope, out of the respect we have for each other, that my significant other wouldn't feel it was an issue of "rights" or equality, but that we would just do things for the other because we love each other.

I have 4 boys, two of them are teenagers. I have never had to tell them to put the toilet seat down. Maybe some things come naturally to some people. As for womens rights. I never marched in the movement. I wasnt born at that time. So thats just an excuse SOME men use to treat SOME women poorly! My boyfriend opens doors for me, brings me flowers and treats me like gold...Maybe because I treat him like the king that he is! :D

Although I am being totally serious, some of you have misunderstood what I mean by "equality". I am not talking about rights. Everyone should have the same rights. That is a given. Equal rights and double standards are not the same thing. Glass ceilings are a result of DISCRIMINATION not gender related double standards. Glass ceilings do not only exist for women, they exist for minorities, disabled, and other groups. A double standard, in regards to gender issues, is where society accepts actions taken by one gender while denouncing those same actions by the opposite gender. Why should men have to put the toilet seat down? I have yet to hear ONE good reason. Why is it acceptable for women to leave the seat down while it is unacceptable for men to leave it up? Are women really THAT stupid that they would sit down on the toilet before looking to see if the seat is down? Men, have to sit down to take a "no. 2"... I have yet to hear about a man who has "fallen in"... why is it that men don't fall in but women do?It was also mentioned that a couple does things for each other because they love each other. But, the underlying issue is still there. Certain "things" are expected to be done by one gender over the other. Don't try to tell me these expectations don't exist. They are there. Chivalry dead? I say women killed it. Women have been sending mixed messages about what they want all along. How can Chivalry exist when men are critisized no matter what they do? Bottom line is Women say one thing and want another. Ask ANY guy and they will agree.

Although I am being totally serious, some of you have misunderstood what I mean by "equality".  I am not talking about rights.  Everyone should have the same rights.  That is a given.  Equal rights and double standards are not the same thing. 

Glass ceilings are a result of DISCRIMINATION not gender related double standards.  Glass ceilings do not only exist for women, they exist for minorities, disabled, and other groups. 

A double standard, in regards to gender issues, is where society accepts actions taken by one gender while denouncing those same actions by the opposite gender. 

Why should men have to put the toilet seat down?  I have yet to hear ONE good reason.  Why is it acceptable for women to leave the seat down while it is unacceptable for men to leave it up?  Are women really THAT stupid that they would sit down on the toilet before looking to see if the seat is down?  Men, have to sit down to take a "no. 2"... I have yet to hear about a man who has "fallen in"... why is it that men don't fall in but women do?

It was also mentioned that a couple does things for each other because they love each other.  But, the underlying issue is still there. Certain "things" are expected to be done by one gender over the other.  Don't try to tell me these expectations don't exist.  They are there.

Chivalry dead?  I say women killed it.  Women have been sending mixed messages about what they want all along.  How can Chivalry exist when men are critisized no matter what they do?

Bottom line is Women say one thing and want another.  Ask ANY guy and they will agree.

46189[/snapback]

Well if you want to be general isint that the same thing as men saying they want love when all they really want is sex? *Yawn* Im the type of woman that if a guy left the seat up I would just put it down. I dont sweat the small stuff and in life its mostly small stuff *grin*

SOLUTION: get your own toiletFemales here never complains when I leave the toilet seat up. I've taken a dump with the toilet seat up too and it's not bad at all.

Thank you

Googlue

46136[/snapback]

Oh please don't tell me you're turning toilet seats into an equal rights issue!

46136[/snapback]

I never mentioned the 'toilet seat' in my post, did I?

no9t9's comment is very comprehensive about equality as demanded by women and we shold not restrict it to a sultry toilet seat. It is just an example and let us take it as an example only.