xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

The Cabbage Soup Diet a week long diet almost guarenteed to loose you 10 pounds

About a month ago i was in desperate need to loose a couple pounds to qualify to join the military. My recruiter suggested to me the cabbage diet for a week. So i tried it, and i lost 10 pounds in that week. This diet, is a very strict diet, and isn't advised for anything over the period of a week. Since cabbage doesn't provide you with all of the nutrients to sustain you for long periods of times, but it is fine for a short period of time. The side effect of this diet, is that you will have frequent bowel movements since cabbage does that to people.The recipe that i used for the cabbage soup that i had was one that my mom made up for her grandma when she was taking care of her on her death bed. 1 head cabbage chopped is best in my opinion, but shredded is good too1 packages Lipton onion soup mix (tastes best in my opinion)5 sliced carrots10-20 ounces chopped canned tomatoes1 1/2 chopped green peppers5 stalks chopped celery1 large chopped onion any herbs you'd like you add to suit your tastes (chopped)black pepper (add to your desired taste)2-3 beef or chicken bullion for seasoning The making of it is rather simple, once you have the things designated above chopped/shredded/sliced, add them all to a large pot and add 12-16 cups of water depending on your desired thickness and dissolve your beef or chicken bullion in the water, add all of the ingredients listed above, the order doesn't matter. Stir it around a little bit, and then let it sit on the stove on low heat for about 2 and a half hours stirring it occasionally. Add herbs/pepper/salt for your desired taste.In general, i didn't care for the taste of cabbage soup in any mixture, but this is the one i found best.The idea is to eat nothing but cabbage soup for 7 days straight, three meals a day. Drink all of the water or cranberry juice you desire. I did this for 7 days, and i lose 10 pounds and I've yet to gain it back although my gym has helped with that I'm sure. (Exercise in general)

No thanks! B)One question: Did you turn into cabbage during that week? :PBut really, that's terrible, I'd rather run twice the amount I run now every day than try that diet out. Of course, if you're in some hurry and you have no other ways of doing it, then this might be a good idea. It would be my choise just after plastic surgery and suicide.

Edited by baniboy (see edit history)

Haha, well yeah i was in a hurry, the monthly Swear in date was a little over a week away and i had to loose 8 pounds to be considered in my 'ideal weight range', which i didn't quite understand because even if i was over my ideal weight, my body fat percentage was well under what it needs to be, but whatever :P But no, i didn't turn into cabbage B)

He turned into a pumpkin...*wait*Make that a Bumpkin...:PIndeed, vegetables are good that way. healthy, good for the *fibre*, cleans you out, and *voila* weight is down.One thing about going to the Gym and exercising. In reality, your "weight" may not reduce, but your "pant size" will. In the past, I had a long, slow winter and gained a waist size, so started swimming and jogging. A couple months later, I was back into the same pant size, but hadn't lost a single pound. Muscle weights more than fat tissue, so by exercising, I lost the extra volume, turning it into muscle with no net loss of body weight. interesting.

Of course, if you're in some hurry and you have no other ways of doing it, then this might be a good idea. It would be my choise just after plastic surgery and suicide.

ROTFLMAO! Now that's funny!

Ah....that time of year again. Time to shed that extra baggage that seems to acumilate every winter. Actually, I think you need some extra winter fat, it helps keep you warm, and under all those baggy, bulky clothes you have to wear to keep from freezing to death, who is going to notice anyway?

But now that the layers of clothes have to be pealed away, so does the flab. I started my own diet 5 days ago. So far, well, it's not going too great. I do the protien diet thing. In the past it has worked well for me. I tend to be carniverous anyway, so giving up carbs doesn't hurt my feelings that bad. Although I have to admit, the comercial about "what would you do for a Klondike bar" has certainly taken on new meaning! I like the protien diet because in theory you can eat as much as you want and still loose weight, providing you only eat protien. No sugar or starches. I suppose the people who came up with the idea did not consider the magnificent flavor of my better half's Bar B Q chicken, and my ability to wolf down 4lbs of chicken leg quarters.

I remember a reciepe simular to your cabbage soup reciepe we used to call Peal A Pound soup. Supposedly it took more calories to digest it than it had in it. It sounded a lot like your version, but I don't remember it having tomatoes in it. I had made it a few times, and actually thought it tasted pretty good. Of course, not nearly as good as Bar B Q chicken. :P

So, my battle with my buldge will continue, hopefully without the need to eat down the cabbage patch, or resort to surgical intervention.

I remember I made that diet once!! I lost 14 pounds in a week.I ALMOST DIE!!!!!!!!!!! Serously... I felt really bad, really weak... All I wanted was to sleep. I'll never make it again.What worked for me was atkins. It really works and I've never felt sick with it

Thanks for the great information about the cabbage diet! Sounds like an interesting way to lose weight. Another way to manage and count your calories is through the at http://www.fitclick.com/. This counter helps you manage your calories so you don't have to!-reply by Tom White

Cabbage is healthy and nutritious. Cabbage regularly either in the form of a soup or cooked will greatly help us in losing weight. It is loaded with iron, sulfur, and other minerals which are essential for cell functioning and digestive system.