xisto Community
Janissary

Real Unbelievers! They are the true evil

An atheist person has also a belief. S/he believes in that there is no God. S/he checked his heart and decided that there is no God. Not through proof but through faith.The real unbeilevers are the one who follows a religion only becasue s/he saw that from his family, only believeing as a tradition. You know those kind of people, when you ask them they would give you a religion name but when you ask a simple question about their religion they would just shrugged their shoulder.Those people are the real evil, living only for selfish reasons. Becasue (for example unlike atheist) they never questioned their life. They live the life without any thinking. They are like circus animals, following their raw feeling and habits that are forced on them. So in their daily life they cheat and lie and hurt because thats what their desires tell them and then they pray before going to bed because that what his mother used to make him while s/he was a kid. They can just take the money that eldarly person droped without a doubt even they afraid of hell. Because, their fear only comes from the stories they listen as kids.With numbers, Turkiye considered 99% muslim but there are many people like i mentioned above. I'm sure it's more or less the same for all cultures and religions.Thank you for listening my ranting.

Where does this concept of believers in religion come from? Isn't it a mass hysteria which we all follow regardless of the ultimate knowledge? Why I am bringing in this point is because I know, there is no one who is really an unbeliever. Everyone has his own beliefs, may be for this side or that side- We are just the ones who try to judge (regardless of the capability) them according to the standards which we have set up. And this is where the real anomaly starts. Isn't it quite conflicting? Do we ever try to see inside our own hearts: what is wrong in myself? We seldome do and that is why we are not qualified to judge anyone. It is not about the me or you, rather it is about all of us because together we are the part of so called various religions, we are beliefs, we are what we call root of evil, we are the truth. Self discovery is the only path which can lead us to real spirituality or rather being a true beliver.

While I disagree with your first statement Janissary

An atheist person has also a belief. S/he believes in that there is no God. S/he checked his heart and decided that there is no God. Not through proof but through faith.

While Atheists have a belief, our belief is that a convincing case for God has not been made we do not have faith. You cannot have faith that something does not exist, you do not have faith that fairies don't exist. We do not need to disprove God because for one thing it is logically impossible to do so, but for another the burden of proof lies with the person making the claim, we make no claim so have no burden, obviously if presented with evidence of God then it would be our burden to show that it isn't convincing else change our position, since no such satifactory evidence exists we have no burden. We do not have faith.

For the rest I agree with you, I would rather my family or children be christian or muslim because they came to it by thinking about it rather than being an atheist just because I am. I think that to call them 'evil' is going too far, Evil doesn't exist in my opinion but it is certainly a shame, to see so many minds calling themselves Christian or another religion (or even atheist) having never considered the issue.

As for Mr "Tricked By Satan" I have not been tricked by Satan, for one thing he doesn't exist and for another I would believe in God if there was evidence of him, No such good evidence has been presented, instead we have scientific discoveries backed up by a *BLEEP*ton of physical evidence which tell us exactly how things came to be in naturalistic terms. Every arguement that there has ever been for God has been shown to either be false or require 'faith'. Faith is an unjustified position, it isn't even a justified belief, it is an unjustified one. It is irrational to the extreme to assume without evidence the existance of an impossible being, whose very being philosophically contradicts itself "can God create an object so heavy he can't lift it?" in terms of Christianity, the bible is the most hideous work of fiction ever written because it calls itself fact, where the supposed Benevent God is more horrible than any of the people he supposedly sends to hell. It is clearly written by Humans, men. It is sexist homophobic, supports slavery, contradicts itself in numerous places and is incoherant with itself and the external world as we understand it.

Atheists do NOT necessarily have ANY belief.

Some atheists are sure that they can prove God does not exist - that IS belief.

Some, however, make no such claim.

I do not have ANY belief with regard to God. I see no evidence for a God and therefore I don't believe in one. If the evidence is produced then I will change my mind.

As kobra500 says, the onus is always on the person making the positive claim (that something exists) to provide the evidence for that claim. The default position is lack of belief UNTIL that evidence is forthcoming.

Do you believe in Zeus? Ra? Shiva? Jupiter? Is that 'lack of belief' itself a belief?

Atheism is a belief in the same way that not collecting stamps is a hobby.

In the words of Stephen Roberts:

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods' date=' you will understand why I dismiss yours.[/quote']