xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kimochitim

Untreated Freshwater Streams As Global Watersupply Will the system our ancestors used work as the earths watersupply

To be a bit more descriptive...

Massive water collecting reservoirs placed in higher climates and veined into streams throughout cities and towns instead of water treatment centers. All used water will go into back yards, gardens or any others area with soil within closest vicinity.

Toilets that compost human waste into usable soil.

I lived on a farm for almost 4 years. Other than a phone line, I was completely off grid and everything was great. I had very limited electricity (solar power) but all my water came from the streams and all human waste was composted for soil (which works great - go ahead an google it).

I loved it. No bills, free water and electricity. The water did however needed to be boiled.

People will be more sensitive about littering

litter ends up in our water supply

Water would be free and taste better

Rainwater

Human waste will not be flushed into the ocean

Nitrogen in our waste is good for that land, but not for the ocean, it promotes abnormal growth.

All the water sitting in your toilet is wasted

I surf & it's gross seeing turd floating where I play.

I think it will work. Of course there are tons of issues and cracks in this idea. This is why I am writing it here - I am waiting for your feedback.

Thanks