xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Cicala

The Best Website Design Ever? Is it as simple as a search engine o.0

Google.com is it the best site design Ever?

https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl

It's the quickest to load and has only 1-2 images. It's also very easy to use, only 1-2 clicks and you get search results, and It's pretty much the most used website out. It's used in phrases like: "I'll google that" or "I googled that the other day".

What do you think?

Its a search engine. Not too much to the design. It does its job and thats it, and in that sense its awesome. Believe it or not, I think the best design is http://frankfurt.craigslist.de/. Now that is simple and no images to mess with. As far as load times, since there are no images, its smoking fast. When it comes to popularity, I've even heard it over the news and in movies.

mmm, I think that craigslist is just simple. Simple or complicated does not always mean best design. Craigslist is not very high up in the best web design list. It is not the most user friendly. It is simple, but I have to sometimes Find things (Ctrl + F) just because of the crowd. Also, the decapitalisation does not help at all. It is deceiving.I think the best web design is balanced and appropiate. Easy to understand and navigate. Images are also good for webdesign as long as they will help people - if it helps more than without it, i don't see any reason of not putting it in...There are also other factors.

Edited by cyber_electrons (see edit history)

I don't think you can straight forwardly say that... this website has the best design... because I think that each website is unique on it's own design. It all depends on what kind of webdesigner you are. If you are an advanced web designer your website will look professional, if not then I think that it will not. But you know it all comes to what kind of experience you have. you know what I mean... And I didn't know that you can find site on Google like that... That is awesome! Sorry If this is like a nub comment.