xisto Community
Fractured.Logic

Greetings :) My Introduction

:P So my first instinct is to, of course, introduce myself. But, as per the forum rules I read, I can't share any personal information anywhere in the forums? I'll just operate on that assumption.Anyhow, I am a lifelong, first-nature artist & writer, and a lover of games and coding. My background in art is extensive (both traditional & graphic), and includes a wealth of experience with Adobe programs as well as GIMP (which I was first introduced to when I dabbled with Redhat 9). My background in coding is far less extensive, but I have a solid knowledge of HTML and CSS. If anyone would be willing to tutor me in more advanced coding... B)I think that's about it, as far as non-personal goes.Feel free to bombard me with questions, however. B) Take care! Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

Hello Fractured.Logic, a really nice and detailed intro you posted there, that's really good and not what 99% of the members do! Because of the really great introduction which got me interested, I'll post quite a bit info to get you into this board B)

As I see you are a Linux user, right? You'll enjoy this board as it's full of g33ks and Linux enthusiasts (OpaQue - the main admin, almost every mod and many other users me included) who will help you around with almost anything that interests you. Also lemme introduce you to our GFX Crew which will help you with your designs and requests in the corresponding subforum (just remember that more than 10 posts are required for such a request).

In this forum we don't tollerate spam (well most of it :P hehe B)) so make sure you don't post a lot of one-liners, posts that have no meaning and so on which I'm sure you'll have no trouble following.

Read the Xisto Readme which contains all the rules to get you acquinted to the forum and its rules and also read these 3 very important topics if you want to apply for free hosting in exchange for your posts:

Hope you'll have the greatest time hanging around here! I'm sure you'll find this forum pleasant! Enjoy! B)

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

Thank you very much, Mila - may I call you that?Linux-user - sadly, due to various circumstances I would be disallowed to disclose, no. Linux-:P, however, always. Always interested in Linux-related discussion and adoration.Great links - so much useful information. I'm really looking forward to getting involved!

Welcome Fractured.Logic. Nice to have you here at the Xisto. We are always keen to have knowledgeable folks hanging around.The GFX crew isn't really active lately, but that is always subject to change as various members display more interest. I'd be keen on seeing some of your work, whether digital or images of non-digital stuff.As for advancing your html/css or even php/mysql, there are some well informed members, so post up a Topic in the correct Forums any time and someone will assist you.And be sure to register at Xisto - Support.com to earn your mycents and xistodollars for Hosting. use the same email as you used here on the Forum so the earned mycents are awarded correctly (or use my email address if you wish :P).See you around, and Happy Earth Day to you.

Thank you very much, Mila - may I call you that?

My exact name is Miladin and my surname is Miladinoski and it's read like Aladdin but if you replace "Ala" with "Mila" B)

Linux-user - sadly, due to various circumstances I would be disallowed to disclose, no. Linux-:P, however, always. Always interested in Linux-related discussion and adoration.

No problem man, we're always here to help, even after Windows users B) B)

Great links - so much useful information. I'm really looking forward to getting involved!

No problem man! Finally, some action! B)
As you're an avid gamer as you say, you may want to guess which characters in a cult RTS game have those 2 lines. Hint below.
Hint: It's a game from Eidos Interactive and you play with a group of

commandos

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

Miladin - love it B)

Windows: *convulsive twitch* I use a Mac when I am Linux-deprived B) Windows is only for when I absolutely have no other choice.

And I'm horribly ashamed to admit that my console experience is dreadfully limited compared to my LARP, tabletop, freestyle and MMO experience. I enjoy the stories B)

--

Jlhaslip -

I indeed used the same email for both - though I am not sure how long it should take for it to register my earnings? Or does the Introduction category not attribute any?

(or use my email address if you wish ).

:P

Miladin - love it B)

I love it too B):P

Windows: *convulsive twitch* I use a Mac when I am Linux-deprived B) Windows is only for when I absolutely have no other choice.

One of them Mac users eh? B) I'm glad that you don't use Windows and you use Linux whenever you have the chance. I'd like to get a Mac or atleast experience the Mac but nobody in my near presence (nor me) has money to buy those kinds of expensive things. Even if I have something saved I wouldn't waste it on a Mac B)

I indeed used the same email for both - though I am not sure how long it should take for it to register my earnings? Or does the Introduction category not attribute any?

You need to make more than 5 posts for your myCents to get counted below your avatar and the script to start working for you.

5 posts - easy as cheesecake :P

Macs aren't that ebil anymore. I haven't seen the bomb since before OS X, anyhow -.o

My ideal machine would be a complete custom-built running Linux - but I've yet to have the time and money to invest in my dream computer B)

Warm Welcome to you, man. If you have a solid experience with HTML and CSS, you can be my second hand for one website, that I am working on. Also, I see that you are Mac user. It is good too B). So earn myCENTs and have fun and nice stay here with us. If I want, or you want yours/my help, we are here. And keep up the good work. :P P.S. Which linux distribution do you exactly use?

Edited by stefan_pavikevik (see edit history)

Stefan - Hello! B)Self-taught with HTML and CSS, but I do have some tricks up my sleeve. I've already discovered something about CSS that I don't know, though, so definitely room to grow. I'm so excited. :PI would love to help you with your website! I know I'm not allowed to post my email, but can I share it with someone who sends me a private message? I may need to read the Terms again.Post number 5 (*trails off, humming the theme to Short Circuit*)! Which means the earning has thus begun! Mwahahaha... er... *cough*And I, sadly, don't have access to Linux right now - I'm still researching the perfect distribution that I want to partition my hard drive to run. I last played around with remotely installing Gentoo on a PS3, though (using the OpenOffice terminal on my Mac B) ). That was so much fun, and a healthy challenge to boot!What distribution(s) do you like most? B)

Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

Welcome to the fourm Fractured.Logic & to trap, It seems the member miladinoski has already given you the all important links you will need to read to find out how the forum works and how to be a great part of the Xisto community. I think you will find the members on here very helpful as well as enjoyable I am sure they will help you with any problems you have all you have to do is post :P-Ash B).

Thank you, Ash!I couldn't be any more thrilled about joining this community. This really is a brilliant idea... and finding a hidden oasis of intelligence supporting such a notion is even better!*dance*

Hello, I've already talked to you with the shoutbox, but I thought to welcome you anyway B)Welcome to the forums. I do some graphics too, I'm not very good tho B) Basically web graphics with Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 (long name B)) and GIMP.I use both Ubuntu and vista. There are lots of members here who know all kinds of programming, all I know is a little php/mySQL. I suggest you get familiar with XHTML, it comes handy. :P

Thanks, Baniboy. I feel so loved :P around here already!And as for graphics, always remember - persistence and practice. You can only get better the more you keep at it. That's always worked well for me, anyhow!I poked at an older version of PSP, a few years ago, but I didn't like it as much as Adobe or GIMP.I keep seeing XHTML listed on a lot of job descriptions... so I agree it would be a good idea to pick up on that in the near future. I also want to pick up a copy of Adobe Flash and learn Cold Fusion - but that's a bit of a longer-term goal. B)