xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

How To Re-enable Show Hidden Folders In Windows Xp That Disabled Due To Virus

Hello friends?. Have u ever experience a problem in your folder option that unable to show hidden files and folders..It is happened due to some virus infection affected to the registry editor of your system. We are having a simple technique to solve this issues. Please use the following steps carefully to solve the problemSteps to be Done to view all the Hidden Files and Folders? Tools?> Folder Options ? Click on View Tab Options and then select Show Hidden files and Folders These are generally the simplest way to view all the hidden files but if there any malicious script affects it will not appear because it will prevent the hidden files and folders from visible. If the normal way doesn?t work you have to follow these stepsPrograms?>Start?>Run and type Regedit and enter, You will open a Registry EditorThen Navigate toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folde r\Hidden\SHOWALL? After finding these path you can able to see the file Checked Value,Just double click the file and you have to modify the data value as DWORD Value to 1. ? Closing the regedit then go to Tools ?>Folder Options ? Click on View Tab Options and then select Show Hidden files and Folders. This is a simple process which I had tested in my own PC?.

hey r u sure that it is because of virus...........because once i have only formatted my c drive (containg windows file) and then when i checked my hiding files option it was not working..........so i formatted it once more but again the same defect, when i formatted the whole system and tried again it worked so i will suggest you to try to format whole system once and use a good antivirus (I use Bitdefender 2009 total security it rocks..........) all the best............

hey r u sure that it is because of virus...........

This is happened after I Inserted a Pendrive.The Virus which enter because of enabling the autoplay.
when inserting this virus will disable show hidden files.
The Virus Named "Driveguard.exe" will disable Show Hidden Option

Control Panel -> the folder image in there -> go to the last tab, enable/disable what you want.If you've already tried that, I don't know what you should do, ask help on technical forums(Xisto for example), but never rush in reformatting! :P

These are generally the simplest way to view all the hidden files but if there any malicious script affects it will not appear because it will prevent the hidden files and folders from visible. If the normal way doesnt work you have to follow these steps

If you had a virus preventing you to view hidden files, wouldn't it be better to first remove the virus?

Also note that viruses can block access to the registry editor (although it isn't hard to get around this, for example safe mode).

suspicious file found in memoryHow To Re-enable Show Hidden Folders In Windows Xp That Disabled Due To Virus

hi, I am using avast home 4.8 registered and fully updated version of antivirus on my pc. now it detects a suspicious file "C:windowsSYSTEM32nmdfgds0.Dll" with comments "Rootkit: hidden process". When I delete this file with the help of my antivirus, it appears again after some time (may be 10 mins). Moreover, my windows explorer don't show hidden files and system hidden files. When I enable 'show hidden files' and un-check hide system files in folder options, these automatically resets to previous. I am unable to resolve the issue & bit annoyed with my system. Plzzzz help!

Ron

@Ron

the virus that your avas detected was part of the virus' root..

usually, virus' extention was *.Exe

so, maybe you can search the source of the virus' file and process. Kill the process and delete that file..

after that, you just clean the virus' root file..

maybe you can use unlocker or procexp to help you...

-reply by Juneidy Wibowo

Reply to first postHow To Re-enable Show Hidden Folders In Windows Xp That Disabled Due To Virus

OMG!! Thank you soooo much Tinoymalayil! It worked yay! I was freaking out lol And I know absolutely nothing about computers. Glad to have all my pictures and videos back! :) :)

-reply by BBKF

You have to follow these steps:
Programs>Start>Run and type Regedit and enter, You will open a Registry EditorThen Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folde r\Hidden\SHOWALLˇ

After finding these path you can able to see the file Checked Value,
Just double click the file and you have to modify the data value as DWORD Value to 1. ˇ

Closing the regedit then go to Tools >Folder Options ˇ
Click on View Tab Options and then select Show Hidden files and Folders.

This is a simple process which I had tested in my own PC.

Thank you for sharing this. I have this problem several times in many XP pcs. But first you have to delete virus from your computer otherwise it will not work.
The virus that makes .exe for every folders cause this problem. when you click that .exe folder you face the hiden folder option missing, task manager disable, registry editing disable lots of problem. So to fix it out make computer virus free and do the as you given.