xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Windows 7..the New Operating System Of Microsoft

Have you tried the beta product of Windows 7?..How do you feel.From my experiance Windows 7 is far far better than Windows Vista.Windows Vista Consuming more Physical Memory and Storage,So most of the people dislike it..So I think Windows 7 is an alternate solution from Microsoft.So please try this new Operating System and reply ur comments..

I find that using Windows 7 is very different from the last too, although it is easy to get used to. I'm not a fan of the new Libraries feature though. I have seen benchmarking done for Crysis [gaming], Windows 7 got 5% frame per second boost. While Vista took up way to much RAM.In performance for all the 3 OS's, Windows XP is the fastest, Windows 7 is now classified as mid range it can work better on my old laptop than Vista. And Vista as the worst and slowest.I have for multiple themes in the Final release, though.I recommend to try Windows 7 if your installing an OS as of now if not stick with your current one. Oh and some programs won't work, especially my codecs.

I am currently using it. It is really much faster than the other Windows OSs even, it is faster from Windows XP. It doesn't need so performances as Vista needs. Vista was completly big mistake made by Microsoft. Even if they are fixing Vista, they can't get back their users. So they chose to make a new OS - Windows 7. I hope it will be presented in better light than Vista was. In my opinion, windows 7 will become the most popular OS that Microsoft Made so far, as XP was. As XP is not supported anymore, so here is Windows 7 as an Alternative. It can be also used on older computers, and without problems. My current configuration is:

2.2 GHz CPU

1 GB Ram

120 GB HDD

256 MB VGA Memory

And, know what? It is running faster even from Windows 98... I tested it. So when the Final version will be released, I will switch. For now:

Posted Image

I am currently using it. It is really much faster than the other Windows OSs even, it is faster from Windows XP. It doesn't need so performances as Vista needs. Vista was completly big mistake made by Microsoft. Even if they are fixing Vista, they can't get back their users. So they chose to make a new OS - Windows 7. I hope it will be presented in better light than Vista was. In my opinion, windows 7 will become the most popular OS that Microsoft Made so far, as XP was. As XP is not supported anymore, so here is Windows 7 as an Alternative. It can be also used on older computers, and without problems. My current configuration is:

2.2 GHz CPU

1 GB Ram

120 GB HDD

256 MB VGA Memory

And, know what? It is running faster even from Windows 98... I tested it. So when the Final version will be released, I will switch. For now:

Posted Image

I entirely disagree with that. The scenario on Win7 is just like what had happen to Apple Mac OS X. When Mac OS X released, its a disaster to Mac users, very limited support, poor stability and poor software support so many turned back to OS 9. Until OSX 10.1 released, everything changed, vast improvements in the core kernel and support. Since then, the user base expanded and its a green light for the transition from OS 9 to OSX.

What Microsoft is doing is Vista as a technology testbed, testing the market but the WOW effect isnt done quite right. Instead, they rip off the whole OS and reassemble and Win 7 was born with a much better kernel and stability. Best even, the WOW factor got doubled. Microsoft do admit Vista isnt working well as intended, its more like a rush product in to compete with OSX 10.5. Instead, Win7 from my experience, i use it more than my Mac Book Pro. Its respond is much faster than expected.

I am using Windows 7 for Production use : 3D and composition in Autodesk Maya, zBrush and Foundry Nuke. Web design in Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver. I do use it for gaming as currently i have Far Cry 2 and Anarchy Online and a closed beta shooter installed. I am very satisfied with it.

Edited by onscreen (see edit history)

windows 7 if full whit bugs .

Windows 7 is expected to have bugs, currently, because it is in it's BETA release. It's final version should have all these bugs fixed, then some rare bugs may emerge but they will be fixed by patches.

Windows 7 Final looks to be promising and it fixes the annoyances from Vista and adds more uses than XP. The best of both worlds come as one in Windows 7.

Most programs I'm surprised actually work on Windows 7. There is only one program that I have come across that has not worked, but it was some old freeware dock application. B)

Although, if your not into the BETA version, I insist you wait, and use XP for the meantime. :PB)

I have never tried Window 7. As for Vista, I simply hate it. Reverted back to XP within days of trying out Vista. As for trying Window 7, think I won't doing it for a while till they have a more stable version. I hate MS for launching a OS (even if it is in beta now) that is full of bugs.

i have installed windows 7 on my computer for a couple days, but the internet was not working so i quickly turned it off. I would like to get back on the new OS and do some more beta testing but i just moved so will get working on that later.Im not really sure what i liked... i was really dissappointed that the internet didnt work lol so i didnt do too much other stuff.-------------------------------------------------Here is a good tip for beta testers:Make sure you opt in on the beta testing surveys and their user feedback program. I did that with vista and recieved a free copy of vista when the first release came!

Since I don't like beta Operating Systems, it is my rule that I hate Windows 7 Beta too. The beta's are always buggy, messed up, features fail to open for you, millions of errors etc. I don't like it. Windows 7's theme however is very nice. I love the style and the animation of the Start logo button. It's so fancy and cool. :P However, those are my opinions. Others are different and I respect others opinions! B)

Ive tried windows 7 beta on my laptop and have to say its actually good. After experiencing 'vista' like many other people i can relate to it as being a crumby OS to deal with. But with windows 7 beta i found that it was definite improvement over vista.It does seem to gobble up ram much more freely (in normal use) when compared to Win_XP (perhaps for the sake that it operates a bit quicker). At the least 1 gig of ram is definitely the go with windows7. I had everything working even support for the Radeon 7500 (and playing a few games) on my laptop but after a few days i was having some troubles with buggy menu's, at which time i decided to reinstall Win_XP. I'm definitely going to look at buying windows7 after its been out for half a year or so, as i believe it will be worth it.

Only heard about it but never actually went ahead and tried to install 7. From reading the little information here and there is obvious that its a better system. I remember a little thread on the internet that Vista was released even though it wasn't completed, in a sense it was the beta to Windows 7. So 7 is my guess to be the final product of their work that is a big success. Hey I haven't swapped to Ubuntu yet like most users have, I just not ready for a switch in OSes considering most of all products are run for Windows. I'mma see if I can get a copy of 7 at least as I'm seeing some good reviews on it.

Edited by Unknown_99 (see edit history)

I'm not personally using 7, as I don't think my six year old computer would do it justice, but I do plan on having it on the next computer I get, and if it isn't out by the time I get a laptop (going to college, certainly need one), I'll simply have to get the Release Candidate. I've prescribed 7 to two of my friends as a fix to a laptop running Vista and a computer with a crippling virus, both times I received excellent feedback about how it installs all of the drivers by itself, no matter what, and that it overall works even better than XP, which in my eyes has been the ultimate OS. Needless to say, I look forward to using 7 when I upgrade next, and hope that it doesn't fail to impress me as much as it has my friends.

For everyone who disagreed with me. I will tell you some things. Maybe you are right, because the look and feel is similar as Vista. But, wait a minute. Its speed and reliability is improved and it is better than any other Windows version. It has new features... Also the RC1 version is near the Final, so here we can finnaly talk about it. If you want to give it a try, you can see this:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows

From the quote I saw on that site that stefan posted,

As for performance, I think Microsoft is going to surprise people. And if you're working for an enterprise that hasn't upgraded to Vista because it won't run acceptably on your existing PCs, you'll want to look again at Windows 7. Paul Thurrott, Supersite for Windows

I hope this person is 100% correct, I hope we are surprised, and I hope stuff will run better on Windows 7, but here at work we have upgraded to vista, even though I like xp better myself, but I truly do this this person is correct, I doubt it, but I hope so. I mean I really want microsoft to succeed beyond expectations, but then again I don't want to be set up for a let down. Overall though, I wouldn't mind the upgrade whether or not its better than xp, as long as its more compatible than vista.

For everyone who disagreed with me. I will tell you some things. Maybe you are right, because the look and feel is similar as Vista. But, wait a minute. Its speed and reliability is improved and it is better than any other Windows version. It has new features... Also the RC1 version is near the Final, so here we can finnaly talk about it. If you want to give it a try, you can see this:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows

Thanks for the link. I love when people post useful links.

Thanks again.