xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
frozen.fish

Pidgin And Yahoo Cant connect since April 19.

Anyone else having similar problems here?

Can't connect my pidgin to yahoo(rocketmail). I get "connection refused" error.

This happend from time to time with pidgin but they usually release update in an instant so what happend now. Can connect just fine with my Gtalk and MSN accounts.

Thanks for the inputs!

:PB) B)

*edit also good news to Pidgin fans, came over this:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by kerco (see edit history)

Pidgin is working fine with yahoo. if it is having trouble with you, you can ask the support team of pidgin about this. in meantime, you can use meebo or ebuddy if you need any client. On the point of link:, yes video chat support is definitely a perfect add-on for pidgin. that will add one more reason to download the pidgin. it was tested after SOC 2008, so latest stable release will be more interesting now.I wish they can support blogger, as it will be interesting to write blog post while chatting or surfing. as you don't have to move away for browser and you can write post while you chat. Twitter/jaiku/identica support will be interesting as well. but that will clutter the interface a lot. anyway,let's see if they can come up more such add-ons. :P

Got it to work a while ago but its acting up again. I wonder what seems to be the problem..@mahesh2k- yes extra features are always nice, but sometimes I find Pidgin hogs too much resources. I think they can develop another plugin for that.But miranda is very ugly and hard to use..

Replying to kerco

For what it's worth, I'm having the same trouble with Yahoo on Pidgin 2.5.5 (Windows Vista x64). Working fine for MSN, AIM/ICQ though. I can't find any logs about it to troubleshoot the issue further (system log doesn't seem to have anything about Yahoo).I've had it happen before like you mentioned, but other times it either started working again as if by magic (e.G. Just whilst I was working it decided to manage to connect) or there was an upgrade which fixed it like you said.

Problems with Pidgin and Yahoo!Pidgin And Yahoo@kercoI'm having similar problems. It's been spotty for a few months, but has been really bad of late. A buddy who I talk to often on Yahoo! is also having the same problem.I can't be certain, but it appears that yahoo uses a pool of IP addresses behind scs.Msg.Yahoo.Com to connect to it's message servers, and some of those addresses are now dead/invalid. If your DNS resolver happens to latch onto a dead one, you get a no connect.I replaced the scs.Msg.Yahoo.Com in Pidgin's advanced properties tab with 66.163.181.106 (one of the many addresses that are associated with scs.Msg.Yahoo.Com, you can find more by searching or doing a lookup) and now Pidgin connects fine.It's not really a problem with Pidgin, per se, as it's only able to use the address provided to it by your machine. But it would be nice to have a way to have the entire pool of addresses available to check and use.-reply by Griff

Replying to kercoI too am having problems with Pidgin signing into Yahoo. I've tried re-intalling it, restarting my computer, everything, and still no joy. It's a shame as I want to use it as Yahoo's Messenger has been updated and is now hard (for me) to use.I really hope it gets sorted out soon as Pidgin looks great.-reply by Roger

Hello iGuest, thanks for the inputs now I know im not the only one having problems.. It cannot connect again.. :PAlso using Pidgin 2.5.5, changed the scs.msg.yahoo.com to "66.163.181.106" and it worked!!!! many thanks iGuest!Where you got the IP? tried pinging scs.msg.yahoo.com and it is replying just fine but when i input the IP the ping command gives me(66.163.181.173) I get connection refused.

Edited by kerco (see edit history)

66.163.181.106 still doesn't work for me, neither does 66.163.181.173 (although this is what I get when I ping).  Tried scs.Msg.Yahoo.Com again, and it still does not work either.

I'm curious - I'm using OpenDNS for my DNS server... Might this only be a problem for OpenDNS users?  Everyone at work thinks I'm wacky or that I have a firewall problem, but turning off the firewall doesn't change anything.

why Pidgin yahoo didnPidgin And Yahoo

Hello, why Pidgin yahoo didn't work in fedora 10? How I do to run Pidgin? help me please.

Keywords:

It's a problem with Yahoo - not Pidgin. Change Proxy settings to "No Proxy" and shud work.

Anyone else having similar problems here?

Can't connect my pidgin to yahoo(rocketmail). I get "connection refused" error.

This happend from time to time with pidgin but they usually release update in an instant so what happend now. Can connect just fine with my Gtalk and MSN accounts.

Thanks for the inputs!

:PB) B)

*edit also good news to Pidgin fans, came over this:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/