xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jeune

Giving Compliments I am stuck with nice

Yesterday I met one of my lady friends for a meeting and she was unusually super girly. She was wearing a dress and not her usual shorts - shirt getup. At that moment all I could muster to say was "nice dress". But really I felt it leaves a lot more to be desired and I didn't think the compliment really sunk in. It's the same in other situations and with other people, I get stuck with using the word "nice" + nice thing like nice shirtnice carnice dresswhen I really want to say something more, highlight the thing that's nice but I am afraid I might overdo it. Any suggestions? :P

Interchange the word nice with great or beautiful.Get a thesaurus.Women like being compared to flowers it seems.Find out which people she admires and compare her to them.She would probably like that.

Interchange the word nice with great or beautiful.Get a thesaurus.
Women like being compared to flowers it seems.
Find out which people she admires and compare her to them.
She would probably like that.

I also use great and beautiful but that's about it really hahaha.

I am wondering how one compares women to flowers? Like I said i don't want to sound like I am overdoing it hahaha.

oh man same problem here, but with my girlfriend. She like to be complemented and stuff but i only use.. u'r so cute, or when i want more :P i use hot. Back to your question try to compliment them but not so obvious, for eq. wow i've seen that dress on tv or something and i thought it's great, where did u buy it, it works great with your eyes, and c**p like that. Also compliment their hair some spend hours making it look great and they feel really good when someone compliments them on that. But don't go just :nice hair, if the girl has curls u can say nice curls or waves or i love how you have done your hair. Also u can say nice dress but then u have to say something like, i really like (and here insert something specific about the dress). On an end note don't worry about overdoing it there is no such thing, girls eat compliments up one might think they live on them B) just compliment them once or twice though i's nice if u "highlight the thing that's nice" and u can even overdo it but don't compliment her all the time like i said one or two big ones and that's it.

There's no such thing as over-doing a compliment if you really mean it. Try to use a couple of adjectives together like "That's the nicest most prettiest puppy dog I ever saw". If you can't think of anything other than nice, say something like "It's so totally cool". Seriously, you can't go wrong when you say something is "cool".