xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
irock

Ubuntu 8 Vs Fedora 10

Both of these are linux based os....... both are free and can be downloaded from their site..........
but which one is the best.......
can anyone tell me which one to download......

i got the following info till now :
Fedora is a Linux-based operating system that showcases the latest in free and open source software. Fedora is always free for anyone to use, modify, and distribute.

Ubuntu is a community developed, Linux-based operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. It contains all the applications you need - a web browser, presentation, document and spreadsheet software, instant messaging and much more.

Notice from saint-michael:

Both of these are linux based os....... both are free and can be downloaded from their site..........
but which one is the best.......
can anyone tell me which one to download......

i got the following info till now :

Id say ubuntu is better. Their both pretty similar, so here is the pros that the general user will notice...
Fedora
-Better Gui
Ubuntu
-Better Package Manager
-Restrictive Drivers
-Easier...

I haven't got much experience in Linux although i have used both distros. I would have to say Ubuntu is the better one. Although like "random truth" said they are pretty similar and also both are extremely user friendly, Fedora does lack in some areas of user-friendliness though.Ubuntu has more drivers, i didn't think it would run on my old laptop, but it did. But Fedora didn't, I had to search for a driver. bah B).So download Ubuntu. :P

man you have copied and pated my question here in Xisto from mydomainfree.co.ukbut then also there and here both i can get the answers............................