xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ORene

Maria Concepci?n Character analisis from Maria Concepci?n

The end does not justify the meansIn the following post I am going to explain why the end does not justify the means, because it would give a conflict between your minimum ethics (what is right and what is wrong) and your maximum ethics (what is better or worse than). I will take a side in this debate and give my point of view. Your minimum ethics are the things that you know that are right or are wrong. For example, killing is bad no matter what or why you do it. And tolerance is good no matter what. Therefore, doing a bad thing like violence to achieve a good goal is against morality and therefore should not be done. Maximum ethics are the things that are better or worse than other things. For example, killing an assassin would prevent him from killing more people; however you would be an assassin as well if you killed him and therefore should not be done.Some people think it is better to apply maximum ethics over minimum ethics because they benefit more people; however they are not good if you must do an unmoral act to achieve your goal. A perfect example would be when a classmate copies on an exam and you notice it. It is wrong copy but it is worse to tell the teacher that your classmate is copying. In this case, it is better not to tell the teacher, but being an accomplice of your partner is wrong, as well as copying. What I am saying is that you must do what its correct, and not what is better or worse.In the reading of Maria Concepci?n, she kills Maria Rosa because it is better for Maria Concepci?n, because she will get her man back. She does bad in order to get something good. However Maria Concepci?n will, in my opinion, carry with the guilt of being a murderer for the rest of her life. Therefore what she did was right? Or was it wrong?In my opinion killing is wrong, no matter why you kill. And it?s against human rights, as well as against religion because we don?t have the right to decide between life and death. I conclude that doing a bad thing to achieve a good goal shall not be done; instead we should try to do really good things, so others do good things as well to achieve a good common goal. Because if everyone does what is right, will we need to do bad things in order to get a good result?