xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ORene

My Review On Social Stratification And Love after reading Marriage is a private affair

Social Stratification VS Love In the following post I will explain some factors in our society. Such as the divisions that exist in society along those of social class, race or religion. I will talk about marriages between people of different classes, races and or religions and about their parents and society?s approval. Based on the story "Marriage is a private affair" Our society isn?t divided in tribal lines like in Nigeria, but it is divided by classes. In our society, race and religion are not so important because nearly all of us share the same race and religion. However it is divided in Low, Middle and High classes. Also the society is divided by their occupations and jobs. I think people can marry with whoever they want, as long as there is love in their relationship, I think family shouldn?t interfere with the decisions of the couple. I consider that parents should accept the feelings of their offspring and be happy for them, if that?s what makes them happy. In our current society, you can marry whoever you want and the society doesn?t consider it bad or good. Also I don?t think the couple should be influenced by the society because everybody is different and has his own personality and point of view, but we all have the same rights than the other members of our society. For example in "Marriage is a private affair", the parents of the groom didn?t agree with the wedding, but they still did it because they loved each other. Slowly the groom?s father started to realize he was wrong, and started to accept their love. This was mostly because he wanted to meet his grandsons. I can conclude that our society has more freedom in this aspect than the society in Nigeria. The cultural clashes in the two societies are very different and therefore the marriages are very different as well. All the aspects I mentioned earlier are why I think that marriage is a private affair and parents and society shouldn?t interfere with it.