xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
asdftheking

Sid Meier's Colonization Humble beginnings

Are there any fans out there of Civilization I or Colonization? These are some of my favorite games which got me started in gaming nearly 15 years ago. Despite the absolute lack of graphics and the many glitches I still enjoy them, moreso Colonization for the classic feeling that it gives me. I feel like these games identify my childhood...

never played civ 1 but was a hardcore fan of civ2 from there on..I didnt knew it was named colonization.. but this game is absolute life waster soo addicting, that i have to throw my CD and remove any kind of reminder for it.I was hooked straight for months everytime a new CIV arrives.. very hard time for me to stand up. lol

Oh man I was addicted to Civilization 3. I liked Civ4 and played it quite a bit but I missed the plain old-school look of the older Civ which ran fast. Civ 4 was pretty slow on my computer.I would play for almost 48 hours at a time barely stopping to sleep, eat or use the bathroom. When the game was over, there was this huge feeling of relief. I enjoyed it, but I was some glad the game was over so I could be free from the bonds of Civ. Most addictive game ever. It really is. I've been addicted to some games, mostly ones with an intriguing plot, but none that would make me skip an entire nights sleep just to play like Civ.

I never really got into colonization as much as civ3 or civ4. To me to seems like a completely different game and more simplified too.

Oh man I was addicted to Civilization 3. I liked Civ4 and played it quite a bit but I missed the plain old-school look of the older Civ which ran fast. Civ 4 was pretty slow on my computer.
I would play for almost 48 hours at a time barely stopping to sleep, eat or use the bathroom. When the game was over, there was this huge feeling of relief. I enjoyed it, but I was some glad the game was over so I could be free from the bonds of Civ. Most addictive game ever. It really is. I've been addicted to some games, mostly ones with an intriguing plot, but none that would make me skip an entire nights sleep just to play like Civ.

lol, I think my record is about 30 hours, and I still wouldn't have finished the game in that time. I always liked to play on the slowest gameplay mode possible. On the higher gameplay speeds it always seemed like units would be obsolete by the time the reached the enemy.

I've played Civilization III. I love this game. It's like the real world, you need to take care of everything from relationships with neighboring nations to civil order in your own country or empire if you have grown. Are there new versions of this game? I haven't played it for a while.