xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ORene

97 Years Since The Titanic's Tragedy Interesting facts about the unsinkable ship

It was April 10th of the year 1912, the Titanic was considered a wonder of the mechanics. The Titanic started off its first and final voyage from Southampton to New York. This huge ship was 269 meters long and had more than 1300 passengers.This ship was considered unsinkable and didn't carry with enough emergency boats, thats why only around 700 passengers survived.The cost of the ticket in first class, was 1,350$The rooms of the first class were made of expensive materials, top class wood and the furniture had an antique dutch touch.Did you know:That a pocket watch from a passenger that died in the tragedy was found by a diver? It's a silver pocket watch that belonged to Carl Asplund, it was auctioned and sold for 40,000 dollars. His daughter Lilian Asplund is one of the last survivors of this tragedy."The Heart of the Sea" is a real jewel, it is a jewel with 170 carats of sapphires.A life-guard from the titanic was found and was auctioned for 80,000 dollars.The scores of the Broadway production "Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey" was found inside the remains of the TitanicThe musicians aboard the titanic played until the last momentFinally, on Sunday 14th April, 1912... the ship crashed with a gigantic iceberg, the Titanic broke in half and sank.In 2006 a part of the Titanic was taken to the surface and exhibited, the majesty of the Titanic still impresses us 97 years after the sinking of the colossal ship. :) I got inspired

I didn't know that "The Heart of the Sea" was a real jewel.... lol. I just saw it in a movie (I forgot the title). But when I saw it in the movie, it didn't look anywhere near that costly. =/. Wow!

Yeah, the Heart of The Sea is a real jewel and its considered one of the most beautiful and most expensive ones in the whole world... I was amazed when I read an article about that jewel, I was like "wasn't it from the Titanic movie?" then I did my research and there you go... cool :)