xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
truefusion

Blender File Of A Logo I Did Dexios Linux Logo

I am making publicly available the Blender file that contains everything you see in my current avatar as of this post. I am releasing this for educational purposes. You are free to spread it around but for non-commercial use. You may derive from it so long as the intent is not for degrading purposes.

Download

Mind Creating a short tutorial on how to make one of these logos for a newbie such as me?

I would not be able to touch on all the fine-tuning of the project, i would only be able to touch on the general thing. But i would assume that would be okay with everyone anyway. But i'll see what i can do on formulating information similar to what can be obtained through the Blender file.

Is blender the name of the program, and if so is it open source/free?
Also, would it be comparable to Photoshop?

Blender is the name of the program, and it is open source and free—that is one of the reasons why i can distribute this file without worry of people not being to learn from it. It cannot be compared to Photoshop, however, even though Blender has been known to be able to do image manipulation and video editing. It can, however, be compared to programs like Cinema 4D, Maya, 3DSMax, et cetera.

Hmm...I'm going to look into it. I know Maya is used for doing nice animations(My understanding is most CGI scenes in video games are made by Maya too) so is Blender also able to do that?I'm still a newbie to all of this and usually when I research capabilities of various programs I just run into either the same questions I have(unanswered) or things unrelated.

Hmm...I'm going to look into it. I know Maya is used for doing nice animations(My understanding is most CGI scenes in video games are made by Maya too) so is Blender also able to do that?

Yes, Blender has its own game engine built into it. There's also an open-source game called Yo Frankie! The website itself has tutorials on game design in Blender which you can download and watch. I haven't messed around with the game engine, but from the videos i've seen, it should be interesting to mess around with.

Do any of you know a decent Blender tutorial, or better yet a class?I am fairly good at using the sequence editor, but despite attempting a few online tutorials, I am having trouble grasping some of the fundamental principals upon which the application is built.thanks.