xisto Community
lonebyrd

Fogotten Cpanel Password.... How To Recover It?

My password for cpanel is automatically saved thanks to firefox. But I am trying to write down all my passwords in case i forget them or am at a different computer. Problem is I want to change my Cpanel password but in order to do this I need to know the original password. How can I reset it if I dont remember it? Do I have to submit a ticket, and if I do how do I do that and how long will it take?

In Firefox, Edit > Preferences > Security > Passwords > Show Passwords will take you to a list of your saved Passwords.Look for the subdomain.trap17.com password identified with the ":2082" port identification and "(cpanel)" included in the URL.

I think you can also view the password to your cPanel if you log on to the Xisto - Support client area and view your product details.

thanks i didnt know that was there! What a great help that was on my road to remember all my passwords. It wasn't under edit though, it was under tools for me.

In Firefox, Edit > Preferences > Security > Passwords > Show Passwords will take you to a list of your saved Passwords.Look for the subdomain.trap17.com password identified with the ":2082" port identification and "(cpanel)" included in the URL.

I stumbled across this thread out of curiosity but thanks for that information! I didn't know Firefox makes it that easy to see saved passwords. It's making me doubt the amount of security the client has.... I mean if it keeps unchanged passwords....Something can probably get ahold of the list.

I stumbled across this thread out of curiosity but thanks for that information! I didn't know Firefox makes it that easy to see saved passwords. It's making me doubt the amount of security the client has.... I mean if it keeps unchanged passwords....Something can probably get ahold of the list.

Getting a bit off-topic here, but I think there's some way to set a master password which you will need to input for the saved passwords to be used or seen.

Getting a bit off-topic here, but I think there's some way to set a master password which you will need to input for the saved passwords to be used or seen.

Well I guess in a sense it is on-topic considering saved passwords can be seen by others...Meaning maybe it's not such a good idea to be saving them to begin with.

As for the master password...It really wouldn't matter. The password list is stored on the PC somehow, and based on how the program reads the list it is most likely clear-text. That's not safe. At all.