xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Baniboy

My Site Doesn't Show Up In Google but google bot visits my site every day?

I believe the way I verified was through uploading a file via FTP. They tell you to make a html file with a certain name and upload it to your main directory. It worked and I was verified in less then 10 minutes. I did the same with Google Analytics.

Hey guys,

everything is cool and working now. I got the sitemaps, mods, everything to work. I also installed all-in-one SEO pack for my blog, so now I have a sitemap for my blog too and all I need to do is to add content. and BTW I'm also using RSS-feeds! they're awesome!!

A few days ago I started using google analytics, and i like the interface a lot. It shows I have 14 different visitors from 7 different cities in Finland, I love those numbers even tho they're small. I have a lot of returning visitors(I don't know if it counts me in how many times?:D) anywayz I relaunched my forums 12th day and I think I have good results for finnish-talking forum with not a lot of content :P Oh and I also have almost half of the pie showing new visitors. :)

I'm also ranked 1st when I search my sitename with ".net" ending, but I still have another forum where I introduced my forums to some people in the first result in google when I use no ".net" ending. I'll beat that result too soon... Site map rulez :D

BTW thanks for the tips guys, you people were my only source of info regarding SEO and stuff like that, I wouldn't have accomplished this without you, so give yourself some applause (was that the wrong expression? dunno...)

Nice to hear it all went well. The Analytics aren't always 100% correct though. It is where the server is located, not the user. For example my ISP's server is located about 50 miles away, but it gives you a close idea of where the traffic is coming from.

google listingMy Site Doesn't Show Up In Google

this might not help you, but adding my business to the google listings helped my site show up on google rather quickly. Not only that, but it's listed twice. Once in the local listing at the top, and once in the search results.

also make sure that you use your keywords multiple times throughout the site, including as headers, alt tags, strong, em, etc. If a keyword has too low of a density it won't come up at the top of a search for that keyword. 

The best way to ensure that your site returns for your preferred keywords is to include them on your pages. If the keywords of the meta data in the site page are not relevant and smartly optimized, you cannot rank higher in SERP. SEO is a tedious and ongoing process so working around highly competitive keywords would take months to show in SERP.