xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
africa

Find Out How Much Your Site Is Worth!

Hi,Do you know how much your site is worth? If not, there is a tool that can tell you lots about your site and its activity in relation the web as a whole! You even get your alexa ranking!Just visit: http://www.dnscoop.com/
Mine is currently worth $140 after 3 months!

It says that my website is worth $550. I highly doubt I could get $55 for it. It just analyzes the Alexa rank, age of the site, backlinks and PageRank. It can give you an idea, but it isn't very accurate. If you want an accurate amount, go to a webmaster forum and ask people to tell you how much they would pay for your site. Not how much it is worth, how much they would pay.

Arh yes some good old fun with money :P, My site is worth around $157.07 In a month of being up that's not bad at all! I can't wait until I get even more members on the forums and then I might sell it on for someone else to take over :).

These sites are just to have a laugh. They can't really tell you what your site is worth some might give you useful information about your backlinks, google rank alexa rank but there are better ways to analyze your website.

HA HA HA HA I analyzed both my sites and the one word domain is worth 0 USD while the longer & weirder domain is worth 318 dollars... I am guessing it's mainly because the longer domain has been online for 2 + years now while the shorter one has been online since 6-8 months now. But I don't understand why anyone would want to sell their sites...I can understand those who have no choice but I detest the people who buy domains merely to share it for millions in the future. It kinda is unfair as it prevents honest people from getting the domains of their choice B) But I was really lucky to get the short domain name :P

can you please tell me how you figure that? unless you are talking about .com ONLY and not the other extentions. and even if the .com name are almost all picked over....why would that be unfair when someone buys a domain and parks it because the see the value in the name? don't be lazy. go out there and claim what you want just like others have.

think of domain's as real estate. you have real estate investors who buy up property just like thoxe who buy up domain names. it's business. it's fair.....and it's legal

now, if these honest people can't get their .com name of their choice(heck...who can anymore)....you go get a .net or .org name of your choice. it will do EXACTLY what the .com name will do for ya and everyone's happy :P

It kinda is unfair as it prevents honest people from getting the domains of their choice B) But I was really lucky to get the short domain name B)

@ Anwiii :- :P Maybe I should rephrase it. I understand that domains are like real estate which is why I bought my second domain even though I did not need it. I started building the website now but till then I had a message on it saying that it was under construction. I just find it annoying that domains have turned into pieces of property because when I visit a website, i like to see some content instead of a blank page. Don't worry about it, it is just part of my O.C.D B)I do not mind the hoarding, there are many reasons one might do it be it to prevent some one using a domain name similar to yours for illegal/abusive reasons or because you want your domain name to be unique. It's just that I find it annoying when you find an interesting domain name & view it to only see a blank page when some one else could have done an excellent job for it...Oh well.. Nothing can be done about it so I guess I am done with my rant/justification here B)

Mine is about 1.5 years old and the last I checked, it is worth $21 and have a pagerank of 0. It is a website for a particular make of scooter and have about 200 members who have registered in the forum. Due to its niche market nature, I guess that is quite right. I have another website that was newly launched. It is of a different nature and is more "mass market". Hopefully, in time to come, it will have better result.