xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stefan_pavikevik

Problem With Php Mail (sendmail) Function... PHP Mail - Sendmail doesnt send e-mails.

I have vBulletin 3.8.1 Installed on my Server. But I have problems with sendmail (PHP Mail exactly). When somebody registers, vBulletin tries to send mail to the E-mail address provided by the user, but nothing. The mail is not sent. I suspect that something is wrong with Sendmail (PHP Mail in this case). Can somebody help me for fixing this stupid problems?Thanks in advance. :)Edit: I forgot, my Server is running Fedora 10.

Edited by stefan_pavikevik (see edit history)

Do you have a Mail Server installed?Can you send an email from a script other that the one giving you trouble?

No. I tried different sripts, but no one works. Can somebody tell me what is the problem, and how to fix it?

I use Postfix for my mail server. It should be available in the Fedora repository. After configuration, PHP should have no problem sending mail. Configuration is basically answering about three questions—that's one reason why i use it: easy installation.

I use Postfix for my mail server. It should be available in the Fedora repository. After configuration, PHP should have no problem sending mail. Configuration is basically answering about three questions?that's one reason why i use it: easy installation.

I installed it, but it doesn't works for some unknown reason. It doesn't starts. Do I need to set some other configurations?

I installed it, but it doesn't works for some unknown reason. It doesn't starts. Do I need to set some other configurations?

Fedora is known for not activating programs for you, or at least back when i used it i would always have to start Apache myself, so i would assume the same for something like Postfix. During the installation its configuration script should have activated; if it didn't, then you'll have to figure out how to run that script. But if you did configure it, then it could be that it's not running in the background or that you configured it (unknowingly) to be limited only to your network and not extending to the internet. I'm not sure how Fedora handles programs like Postfix, so you'll have to do research on that.

I have vBulletin 3.8.1 Installed on my Server. But I have problems with sendmail (PHP Mail exactly). When somebody registers, vBulletin tries to send mail to the E-mail address provided by the user, but nothing. The mail is not sent. I suspect that something is wrong with Sendmail (PHP Mail in this case). Can somebody help me for fixing this stupid problems?Thanks in advance. :)
Edit: I forgot, my Server is running Fedora 10.

You can use gmail smtp server to send emails and if you need any more help reply

I have a PHP Contacts form. I was using another hosting company and nothing worked. When the user pressed Send on the contacts form, the PHP code looked for the email address of the "sender" on the local server. If it didn't find it then it didn't continue. Neither the sender or the receiver gets an email so the owner (me) never gets to find out if somebody visited their site. Hopefully this will all work according to plan if I get my site up and running at Xisto.Good luck,DJ ;)