xisto Community
longtimeago

Hiding Real Ip Address Is it really possible ?

So this phrase is a common phrase we see over the internet in many adv etc. that is "Hide your Identity Online", every one of us are identified online by an unique address, known as the IP address. IP stands for internet protocol. As of now it is broadly categorized into two. Ip v4 and Ip v6. Ipv4 is of 32 bytes and Ip v6 is of 128 bytes Now what is meant by "Hiding IP address".

It just means that you are hiding your real IP address, (Note: Here you are not entirely hiding so called IP address, all that is being done is the real IP address is being hidden). So let me briefly put it as of how it is done. Simple as ever, all you do is that instead of accessing the internet directly, you access it with the help of another server (can also be called as the proxy server). What you do is that, you get connected to a particular server (proxy) and browsing is done via that proxy server, so as to the site which you browse, the proxy server IP is revealed and not your IP address.

But here one thing has to be noted very carefully, are you totally anonymous over the internet in this case where you connect thought the proxy ?? Noway, anyway to the proxy server your IP is being revealed which simple means that your identity is being revealed. Therefore this is where you have to be very careful, Just thinking that your IP address is hidden totally if you try to do some pranks over the internet such as sending bogus emails etc. it wont even take a second to track your real Identity. All servers do have Logs with them and they are being stored and dumped for years together.

Suppose lets consider that you are the end user U1 and you want to send a prank email to U2. So you connect to a proxy server, lets name it as P1, so U2 receives the mail from U1 and the IP address of U1 is hidden from U2. But however , if the user U2 takes up the matter to the cyber forensics department, within seconds they will open the Log of the proxy server P1 and will get to know the real IP of U1. Whereas User U1 think that since he has sent the mail through the proxy server he is totally hidden online.

If the User U1 thinks that he is really clever enough, he may try something else too, instead of logging into a single proxy server P1, he may login to may proxy servers, lets say P1,P2,P3.. etc. and via all these servers he may go thotugh and send the mail. Still the thing to be noted here is that, some thing known as backtracking can be done, thats not a big deal for the cyber forensic department. What happens here is that instead of tracking the IP of U1 in a single shot, they take the log of 3 servers and back track the original sender.

So what happens in all the above conditions, anyway the U1 is not hidden totally, since all the servers are well equipped with so called Log facility, the people however they connect to many proxy servers, still they can be tracked out easily. With such a situation how to people actually advertise "hide your Identity online completely" is it really possible, i don't think so. If that was possible then there would be millions of prank mails all over the world. But i also do acknowledge that the same is possible to a little extent, because terrorist send some prank emails now and then, but i also remember anyway they track down the place from which the mail was sent , if not the person atleast the place.

So is there any way which Really Hides oneself online Completely ! ?? I mean Completely .

EDIT :

Ip v4 and Ip v6. Ipv4 is of 32 bits and Ip v6 is of 128 bits.

changed bits into bytes :) had made a mistake before Edited by nirmaldaniel (see edit history)

as much as i know we are currently using ipv4 and ipv6 will give approx 3 billion new ip address and also hiding ip address behind a proxy is not such a good idea..............if you are using proxy to hide your ip then you should download a ip hider software like hide my ip and many more...............so all the best....................

as much as i know we are currently using ipv4 and ipv6 will give approx 3 billion new ip address and also hiding ip address behind a proxy is not such a good idea..............if you are using proxy to hide your ip then you should download a ip hider software like hide my ip and many more...............
so all the best....................

how could u trace his ip address even upto the browser....basically if i get a packet from some its upto see wats his ip and by using server side scripts can get the browser those thing ....
hw found the info...?

its amazing.....

The best choice is to connect yourself to mutiple proxy servers, i mean, you connect to a proxy server and use use tha proxy to connect to another proxy server, and then use the last to connect to another proxy server, and besides all that, you must connect to the internet using a wireless access point with no security protection, or just crack one, then connect to a proxy and do what i wrote above.There are tools to do this, and other tools to check if a proxy is truly anonymous, even so, you must conceal your ip by using that access point while you are driving by car, so that you location can not be tracked so easily.Well, even so, you could get cough, trust me.