xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guzmanhou

Rate My Site Pleasee! Working on a new site geared toward guys

Nice Idea.I recommend getting a more appealing template though.And the colour is not to my liking. Overall the site is fantastic, there are alot of features in the site,That are too my liking. Oo, weather.Anyway I give it a 7.5/10

Heyy everyone!!
So I'm working on a new site geared toward guys for once,
to come and talk about sports, news, and women of course.

Still have work to do but the basic site is up and running.
Please take a look and tell me what you think :)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

OK. You need to improve on a lot of things in your website. First and foremost is the colors and combination of colors you have used in the website. Its either below average or very bad. Its not pleasing. You can better try other color combination's to see if it works better, for your requirement. I would also like to advice to use website templates which you will get in so many places around the web, instead of starting to work on it from ground up.

Please take your site to some mature stage before publishing or launching it. That will make the visitors come back to your site which will not be the case if it is not good and buggy.

I really don't like the red. Usually sites either use white, grey, or black for the theme, and I highly suggest you do the same. I suggest you use a Content Management System, as it will make the site look much better, and it will be easier to administrate. The images (mostly the background) doesn't look very good, and the site isn't all the way up.I wish you luck though!

I really don't like the red. Usually sites either use white, grey, or black for the theme, and I highly suggest you do the same. I suggest you use a Content Management System, as it will make the site look much better, and it will be easier to administrate. The images (mostly the background) doesn't look very good, and the site isn't all the way up.
I wish you luck though!

I took your comments into consideration, made a few changes, but still have lots to do.

Thanks for the suggestions!!
Edited by guzmanhou (see edit history)

ah honestly, on a scale from 1 to 10? barely a 1. Needs a lot of work. the concept is good but the design bites the big one.things I would do. 1 a better templet or design. the colors your using are kinda dull and boring.2. You should use a better way of showing your links. maybe a drop down menu?3. a few graphics, men related the way that it looks now to me? I would look at it then leave all within 10 second. sorry to be so crule but just being honest

My Rating - 7/10What I kind of like - How the ads on the side of the webpage and some of the lines on the gray thingy that displays words.What I don't really like - The ads are too close to the gray thingy; I don't know about other people, but I don't like the beveling; and the BG and the hyperlinks are plain, simple, and boring.

Not sure if this is your first website, but if it is, its not bad at all. Now if you've done some in the past, then you need to go back to the basics. First of all, the site is very image heavy. I'm at a local library and it took a long time to fully come in. I will also have to agree with other posters that the color choices seem very poor. It really looks like you put a bunch of things you just found and stuck them together. Again, if this is your first site, not bad at all. What programs are you using or are you handcoding?

So I'm working on a new site geared toward guys for once, to come and talk about sports, news, and women of course.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hi!

I find the site quite dull. The grey center area with the grey advertising bars on the sides make the site seem very lifeless. The smudged edges around the logo don't go with the blue glowing text.

The navigation menu is also very slow, and why is there a "For the Ladies" link on a site that is @by the guys and for the guys"?

I'm sorry if I'm a bit too harsh, but I'm just giving you my honest opinion.

Regards,
Nitin