xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

How Big Of An Mp3 Player Do I Need

I'm looking to get my girlfriend an mp3 player from ebay but she is very specific. She has about 60 cd that she made, all 700 mb capacity and they are all full. What size mp3 player would I need to hold all this music? I was thinking it would need to be a little over 20gb one but then again I am tired and not thinking clearly. So to sum it up:60cd at 700mb each = ? size MP3 player.Thanks in advance.

60 x 700 = 42,000 MB 42,000 / 1024 = 41.015625 41. GB of storage at least so maybe go for a 60GB MP3 Player so you a little more room just in case your gf decides to add more songs :)

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

Is your girlfriend big into style/fashion? Then you might wanna try an 80gb Zune w/ custom engraving. [according to sonesay's calculation] They are very stylish. I myself have one although mine is an old-generation 30gb w/ a small scratch on the screen "damn" :) [they sold only 100 units in Australia, im lucky lol] . heres the link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . Oh and they are owned by Microsoft so they are reliable.

If she isn't big into style/fashion. Just go for a basic Ipod, although I heard they breakdown alot. :P. Hope I helped.

I'm looking to get my girlfriend an mp3 player from ebay but she is very specific. She has about 60 cd that she made, all 700 mb capacity and they are all full. What size mp3 player would I need to hold all this music? I was thinking it would need to be a little over 20gb one but then again I am tired and not thinking clearly. So to sum it up:

60cd at 700mb each = ? size MP3 player.

Thanks in advance.

As above mentioned by frozen.fish,

60 x 700 = 42,000 MB/1024= 41 GB (Approx.)

I suggest you to buy an Ipod of 80 GB that you can hold your mp3s and it also ficiliate you to add more stuffs. It it good to have an Ipod with your girlfriend with some videos and photos too .

hey you should give your girlfriend an 80bg ipod classic i know its will cost you some bucks but if your girlfriend is a big music lover then it would be a great gift for her.try giving her 80gb ipod or an laptop instead LOL

An 80GB Mp3 players really isn't required, I mean who fills up their iPod with 80GB of content?! Try get one of the new Ipod Nanos that should be enought, it also is much smaller meaning you can go running with it etc. It helps me a lot :lol: