xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

European Football Rocks Every one need to know this ....

Football is a team game which is an exciting sport in the world. People all over the world watch and play football. Football is most popular in Europe. Domestic level competitions are more popular in Europe. International level competition is also popular but not held more frequently. In Europe, competitions held at England, Spain, Italy are more popular which is seen by all over the world.Among those English league is most popular. Some of the mostly supported clubs are Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool from England, Real Madrid and Barcelona from Spain, Inter Milan, Juventus and A.C. Milan from Italy. Each club is owned by a person. The club owner invests money in managing the club. He aims at bringing his club to the top level. In England the competition name is Barclay?s Premier League. It has 20 teams competing for the title. Each club plays twice against the every other clubs one is home and the other is away. Three points is given for a club which wins the match. If the match is drawn one point is given to each team. Finally team with more points wins the title. Teams finishing first, second, third and forth qualify for Champions league. Teams finishing last three are relegated to the next low level competition. Three teams from the low level league joins the Barclays Premier League. In Spain the completion is La Liga and in Italy Seria A. Other rules as mentioned above apply to these leagues also. In England Liverpool has won many times than any other clubs. Manchester United is the 2007-08 champions. In Spain Real Madrid has won many times, in Italy Juventus has won many times. 2007-08 from Spain and Italy are Real Madrid and Inter Milan. English Premier League is watched all over the world since English is known all over the world. Manchester United has more fans all over the world.The clubs finishing top rankings from various European countries compete in a league called Champions League. It is the League for the champions clubs. They are separated into 8 groups, each groups has four teams. From each group two teams qualify for the next round which is called round of 16, which consist of 16 teams. Draw is made and fixture is drawn for the next round. This is made after each round. Each team plays a home and an away game. Finally on teams winning on aggregate qualifies for the next round. From these 16, 8 qualify. It forms the quarter finals. Then comes semi finals and finally comes the finals. Final is played in a neutral venue. The team winning the final is named as the European champion. These competitions are held every year from August to May. European player of the year is chosen and he is awarded. In 2008 Manchester United from England won the champions league title. Real Madrid has won many times than any other clubs.

And this year draw could make some interesting finals. Base on the draw, we could be possibly seeing an Arsenal v Barcelona or Man Utd v Liverpool final, provided they clear their respective matches.For the Arsenal's fan, they would want an Arsenal v Barcelona because of the Thierry Henry factor. Ever since the record goalscorer left to join the Catalians, they had wanted to welcome him in the final of the biggest club tournament. And of course, many including neutrals deem the 2 clubs as the greatest ambassdors of the Beautiful Game.As for Man Utd v Liverpool, well, I don't have to say much do I?

Well for me it's clear that english football is the best. The proof is all the teams that got so far into the competition :). I'm from Romania but I'm a really big fan of Liverpool and I hope it will made it all trough the finals. Also Barcelona has a really big chance. We have to wait and see ! The next matches are Tuesday and Wednesday. Can't wait !

How abt a prediction game where we will predict the result? Well, the winner will walk away with hmmm... the best predictor in the forum. just for fun. Ok i will go firstVillarael v Arsenal (Arsenal)Man Utd v Porto (Draw)Barcelona v Bayern Munich (Barcelona)Liverpool v Chelsea (Liverpool)

And now to the semi finals.Man Utd vs ArsenalBarcelona vs Chelsea.After the mouth-watering 4-4 draw between Chelsea and Liverpool, one could wonder if the semi-final could repeat the drama at Stamford Bridge.

And now to the semi finals.

Yep, I guess they'll be quite entertaining as the quarter-finals were atleast a bit so we'll have quality fun and adrenalin flowing in our veins :P

(darker color means more chances to qualify IMO)

Man Utd vs Arsenal

I think that Manchester has quite the edge in this match, even though they play the first match at home which is considered a drawback in a competition like this. I really despise Man. and I hate to say that, but they will kick the BLEEP out of Arsenal, trust my word!

Barcelona vs Chelsea.

In this match, even though Chelsea plays away first, I think after the fantastic show they made up at Anfield last week, they will show how real English football is played and they will win both matches (if not make a draw on one of them) and will play with Man. Utd. in the finals.

If Chelsea plays with Manchester in Rome, I bet that Chelsea would be the champion and get 'the Devils' back the debt from last year. They deserve to win the CL! Absolutely deserve it. B)

After the mouth-watering 4-4 draw between Chelsea and Liverpool, one could wonder if the semi-final could repeat the drama at Stamford Bridge.

I want atleast one of the 4 matches in the semi-finals to be like the match between the giants, or maybe the final match can surprise me, who knows B)