xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

extracting with 7zip Help Extracting Rar Archives!

extracting with 7zipHelp Extracting Rar Archives!You can also use 7zip with them. You would just right-click on part01 and select 7zip>Extract hereThat works great for me.Keywords: part01.rar

Agreed. WinRAR is way better then WinZip. WinRAR is more powerful because it can implempt for .zip files aswell as .rar. :) It's awesome. :P

What is so hard about 7-zip that you can't right-click on the .rar file, then select 7-zip > Extract Here (or wherever you want to extract your files to)? 7-zip is an outstanding program that supports more than just .rar files.

WinRAR:

Using WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.

WinRAR provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.

WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.

When you purchase WinRAR license you are buying a license to the complete technology, no need to purchase add-ons to create self-extracting files, it's all included. One price, one payment, once.

You also receive the benefit of a life-time use of the WinRAR archiver. No upgrade fee to pay. When a new release is made, simply download and install, your license is valid for life.

WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special "Wizard" mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.

WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.

WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.

WinRAR offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.

Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.

WinRAR features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.

7-zip:

High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression

Supported formats:

Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR

Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z.

For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip

Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats

Self-extracting capability for 7z format

Integration with Windows Shell

Powerful File Manager

Powerful command line version

Plugin for FAR Manager

Localizations for 74 languages

View the comparison of compression programs, to include WinRAR and 7-zip

The numbers tell all. I personally prefer 7-zip (coming from WinZip) for ease of use.

Lol!! I just noticed the Win part. Win is for Windows!! I feel so stupid.

@Zettaair Why do you feel stupid ARE YOU ASH-BASH????

Well I do find Winrar very useful and easy and if you have the tweaked version which most of you don't then it is extremely powerful! Some research showed that Winrar Tweaked version was one the fastest to compress or extract items on a Windows/Mac/linux PC, Therefore in my conculsion I do think it is the best out there.