xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
frozen.fish

Softwares You Can't Live Without aaahhh technology...

We are getting more dependent with technology everyday and there are some softwares right now that I can't live without. Here's my list:Opera - eventhough it won't work on tons of website I love it's all in one package and far more lighter in my system than bloated firefox.Keepass - great reminder for your passwords.Suitcase - font management tool for my work.NexusFile or Q-dir - once you start using this you'll never go back to windows explorer.These are my most important loved software that made my life easier.Share yours please. :D

My List:FirefoxSteamMSNuTorrentSource SDK w/ SteamWordK-Lite Mega Codec PackFrapsPhotoshop CS1+WinXP ManagerThese are the list of programs that I install first on my computer, or any computer I format/setup.

Opera:Although I like certain aspect of opera, I would still prefer to use my usual web browsers. This way I would know the security settings much better and therefore easier to manage settings in a short period of time. Opera is actually quite good, but I just don't have to time to get used to all the functions of this browser - I am quite buzy now....Keepass:Just my personal opinion - I don't like using password keepers as the disadvantages is more that the advantages. I would prefer to keep all passwords in my head - easy to remember but encoded in to a sense that it doesn't really make sense to others. If you keep all passwords in a place and protect it with a password (or other method), a thieve would crack open only one security and get access to all your others. So all the different passwords will suddenly become a single. Of course, if nobody touches the place where you store the password, it is recommendably. I, too, sometime forget certain passwords :D.Suitcase:Good for managing work - i agree. But sometimes I get too much work and time used to organize the "Suitcase" may as well be used to work. Alternative to windows explorer:Sometimes a change to visuals is good. Sometimes, efficient work by using used to applications is better.That's what I've to share...

It's funny that no one mentioned MSPaint. So I will. :)

MSPaint - I use this a heck of a lot to do screenshots, quick conversions (PNG, BMP, JPG, GIF), or quick copy/paste/edit stuff.

Calc - It's always there. And I'm too lazy to do basic math.

Notepad/Notepad++ - I should just get rid of Notepad and make Notepad++ my default program for text files, but this is great for simple as well as advanced editing, quick editing, pasting my scrap, making to-do lists and reminders, or just viewing what's inside an unknown file. Notepad++ wins with a tabbed interface, color coding, and a default context menu item.

Windows Media Player - Playing media is just a must. Combined with the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and we're good to go.

VLC - Plays anything that WMP can't. Great for when my curiosity runs amuck, or to check if a file really is a media file. Default context menu item, too.

Adobe Photoshop - Image manipulation is just too much fun and just too useful. GIMP is also a very similar and viable (hint: free) alternative.

Norton Internet Security Suite 2009 - Faster, lighter, more effective, and it gives me a sense of relief from the stress that comes from Internet threats.

7-zip - Superior compression, context menu options, fast, and free. Better than having to skip registering your 4-year-old evaluation copy of WinZip.

WindowBlinds - Windows is ugly. WindowBlinds isn't. Speaking of which...

Compiz + Emerald - Linux is nice. Compiz and Emerald makes things prettier.

FireFox - Surfing the net has been revolutionized... and I don't want to go back or to anything else. There's no incentive to yet, anyway. I blame FireFox for taking away years of my life due to the Internet now being a safer place to be.

Format Factory - No more searching the Internet on how to convert video formats. This does most of it without blinking an eye (or raising a brow).

FoxIt PDF Reader - Bye-bye Adobe Reader. I hardly missed your bloated, slow, annoying-update crapware.

GoldWave - Batch work, easy audio processing and editing... what more?

Google Maps/Earth - When I need to find an HVT to plan my next attack to one day rule the world, Google will be there for me. It's almost TOO useful. Maybe a little scary.

Infrarecorder - My free way to burn my CDs and DVDs without resorting to bloatware like Roxio and Nero. (Eat that, Nero Scout.)

Launchy 0.0 (first launch) - When I'm too lazy to grab my mouse, I can always count on Alt-Space, typing "f" and hitting enter to load FireFox. Or begin to spell "word" for MS Word.

LogMeIn Free - Awesome remote access program. I can now play with my computer at home at work and help my girlfriend with any computer issues... without even being there. For free. Now only if they could make it so that you can remotely turn on your machine... but I have Girlfriend 2.0 to do that for now.

MagicDisc - Free virtual CD program. I don't need to go into detail here.

RocketDock - Free way to emulate the purdy OSX application bar... and it's actually better. (Avant Window Navigator is great for Linux too... minus the headache of adding launchers.)

GMail - E-mail, with tons of features, with built-in IM support for AIM, which makes me realize that I don't really need Trillian anymore. Now only if everyone I knew was on GChat or AIM...

uTorrent - 'Nuff said.

Microsoft Office XP/OpenOffice - Because I refuse to update to 2007. That and the suite includes everything I'll need to stay somewhat productive.

I think I have a pretty simple list here:Firefox - The best browser period. I can't stand using internet explorer, and opera is alright.Winrar - For all of the files that I download and need to extract.FOOBAR - My music player.Pidgin - my yahoo, msn, irc, aim, icq, gmessenger.Microsoft Word - not because I need it to write in, but because I get so many e-mails that people attach docx files with and I can't open them with notepad.windows media player - so I can watch stuff!

Skype: great for those long distance calls to mommy. All it?s missing is a tone keypad, for getting through those call-centers menus. PDF995 a pdf printer driver.DVD Shrink to rip dvds :)A nice poker client

Well lets start :

Yahoo Messenger and GTalk - Mainly for chatting with my friends and keeping in touch with the world.

Opera and Mozilla - Surfing on the internet.

Adobe Creative Suite - Especially Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and dreamweaver. I can't live without them they are really important XD.

Sothink SWF Decompiler - Really handful to my work!

Filezilla - Also usefull

And some others I can't remember at the moment xD!

Firefox - I wanna sex it.uTorrent - For reasons listed and not listed above.Ventrilo - My favorite communication application! :) (Clan)Macromedia Fireworks - I never liked Photoshop, and I dont like the new Adobe versions of Fireworks either.Notepad - God, how would I store all my stuff?!? lol