xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Teen Weight Loss

Hey you guys.I'm 14 now, and I would like to shape up for summer. The problem is, everywhere you go, you here completely different ideas so it's a little hard to know where to start.I am about 5'7. I weigh 147 poumds.I would like to get my weight down to around 140 pounds or so.I play tennis at least twice a week.I put my weight on my stomach.That is some information about me. So what should I do about meals? I get really hungry alot if that helps anything. . .

ermaid, you are an athlete, i just have one eecommendation for you: Cut sugar and fried stuff. I don?t know about your habits, but if you have some dessert habits, try to control yourself there. Avoid all hard candy, be a social candy eater. You have to be careful with dieting because all eyes are on you when you are a teenage, becoming a woman and your body is changing allright, and your identity with your body will be biult on the next 10 years. So your eating must be healthy, and yet fun. Go for icecream but dont eat the waffle cone, in those special ocasions. Being a woman is hard!Drink more water, eat more fruit. If you play sports, when you get to feel thirsty then you have gone way past being hidrated.And sometimes during the day, hunger can be confused with thirst.Watch your sodium (and other minerals, they can make you faint or feel more disposed) intake. Sodas have a lot of sodium. Sodium makes you retain water and carry water weight. Girls tend to accumulate more water.One week before I get my period, the hormones make me retain more water, my breasts swell, I have more sugar cravings, and a lot more pimples pop in my face. I get very emotional too. It is natural for our weight to flunctuate because of the menstrual cycle alone.Try to eat similar things, in same portions, at regular times.Do not eat in front of the tv. A diet is something you will carry for your lifetime. Some people believe that having low calorie diet will contribute to logevity, so dieting is not the same as joining weight watchers and following their recommendations for 3 months then after that you go back to the bad habits. Cutting the sugar and deep fried stuff should be enough to erase 10 pounds off your waist in the next 6 months.

your BMI says your weight is normal/average.Do some crunches, go for a run/jogging at least 2 times a week for 15+ minutes at a time. Some pushups, situps and weights wouldn't go astray. Look at getting some 2.5KG (5 or so pounds).Don't expect immediate results. and good luck