xisto Community
berryblitz

Should A 2 1/2 Yr Old Start Schooling? Prep-Nursery Level

I got a baby and I heard that the school I'm eyeing on for my baby has this Prep-nursery level for 2 1/2 year olds. I was like, "Isn't it too early?"I remembered when before, little kids go to school when they are 4 years old.My baby is still 8 months old, and so I really don't need to worry about this this early. But I just like other people's opinion.I had read on a newspaper article, the writer is a psychologist, saying people thought that children should be sent to school on during summers or after-classes hours to make the child more productive. Where in the psychologist points out that children need to rest. They need sleep. And children needs to play.So, I'm not really sure if on prep-nursery, would my child still have his precious time to play? Or is it all studies?

i'm not a doctor nor do I have children. I would think that to start schooling from someone other than a parent. I think that if you teach your child to count, and the alphabet and maybe even the beginnings to read.what would this schooling involve?

I got a baby and I heard that the school I'm eyeing on for my baby has this Prep-nursery level for 2 1/2 year olds. I was like, "Isn't it too early?"
I remembered when before, little kids go to school when they are 4 years old.

My baby is still 8 months old, and so I really don't need to worry about this this early. But I just like other people's opinion.

I had read on a newspaper article, the writer is a psychologist, saying people thought that children should be sent to school on during summers or after-classes hours to make the child more productive. Where in the psychologist points out that children need to rest. They need sleep. And children needs to play.

So, I'm not really sure if on prep-nursery, would my child still have his precious time to play? Or is it all studies?

- I would personally wait. The kid is going to have to go through YEARS and YEARS of school...let him/her have their playtime now.

Notice from galexcd:
Remember to quote any content that you didn't write. That includes replying to other members

Yes, I'm also curious as to what kind of things this would involve. You should probably look further into what kinds of things they will be doing, so you can determine if your child will still get the proper time to do other things, because like they say, "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".However, I can't see anything wrong with starting off early on education. It would probably even help out in the long run, but what do I know. I do partially agree though, with that last bit of cemeteryrecords' post. We all know how much time of our life school took up. But I still think that an early start could be more beneficial.

Edited by bk2070 (see edit history)

Im no expert, but i don't think it's a very good idea to start them school early.. They'll get bored early.IT IS THE BEST THAT YOU OR YOUR WIFE TEACH YOUR KIDS FIRST.. thats what i think.I'm planning my daughter to enter school at age 4+ or probably homeschool her for a while, until she is very very eager to go to one.

Well if your question is if 2 and 1/2 is too early for your child to attend school on her own and for over 3 hours, then I say yes. But, there are some classes you can take her/him to that will allow you to attend with her/him and participate. ABC's are great but you can start teaching your baby to read already. Check out the videos at https://yourbabycanlearn.com/. My little girl is 3 and read me her first book at 2. The only thing I really like school for, which she will be attending this June, is socialization and interaction with other kids. By the way, her class is only going to be 3 hours long 5 days a week.Good Luck!!

I think 2 1/2 years is too early to send them to school. But that's my opinion... I mean, it depends of the situation.I have a 2 years old girl, and I started to teach her things by myself... Like the ABC's, colors, numbers and more. For a baby that age it's important to be with mom, it involves the reinforcement of self-esteem and identity. I think they will have YEARS AND YEARS to go to school, it's so short the time they will be babies that I think it's better to just let them enjoy this short period.In other hand if you don't have the time, you have full time job or you just need some time for yourself, it's a valid option anyways. Your baby will be in good hands, and you'll be sure he will be learning things (And playing too!)Anyways I think it's better a prep-nursery, than a baby-sister.Don't feel press to do this or that... You'll know what's the best for your baby and for you!Hugs and good luck

hi...i have a three years old baby girl, i began teaching her a one year and a half, not hard things numbers, words, animals names, her body parts, colors, and more but the hard thing that i teach her these things in three languages Arabic, English and french, she remembered some and forgot the others but i am quite sure that i give her the basics. but if i send her to nursery i will prefer a one which is give her the basics too but in the same time, give her a spce to play and enjoy her life with the others children.i think if there is a balance like that it will be great, and i encourages you to send her to that nursery if there is these two options..

old thread, but 2 1/2 is too early....WAY to early in my opinion. if the kid is smart, let 'm jump at 1st or second grade. there is nothing more rewarding than spending this time with your child. not only teaching, but nurturing. the child will love you for it too.

I also think that if it possible, it's better to teach your child at that age yourself, alphabet, to read, colors and to talk, etc.I just think, that those kind of articles like send your child from year 2 and a half is like an advertisement to get more money from government if it's free or if it's private school for children, to get money from parents, who does not have a lot of time..

I got a baby and I heard that the school I'm eyeing on for my baby has this Prep-nursery level for 2 1/2 year olds. I was like, "Isn't it too early?"

My baby is still 8 months old, and so I really don't need to worry about this this early. But I just like other people's opinion.

I had read on a newspaper article, the writer is a psychologist, saying people thought that children should be sent to school on during summers or after-classes hours to make the child more productive. Where in the psychologist points out that children need to rest. They need sleep. And children needs to play.

So, I'm not really sure if on prep-nursery, would my child still have his precious time to play? Or is it all studies?

Yeah, i think its right to go to school at around 3! Cmon, we've been doin' this for ages and its fine so far? Why stop now... we're not total idiots cause we started school at around 3. But i do wish that they made this law when i was young..it would have been way fun :)

Early Preschool Pros and ConsIf parents are considering putting their 18- to 24-month-old child in preschool, which experience are they likely to get? It depends on the child. For some, 18 to 24 months is too young, while others might be more ready. "The first years of a child's life are a crucial development period, and children who are nurtured and stimulated during these years are much more prepared for reading, math and social development when it's time for kindergarten," says Kim Means, senior director for accreditation at the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). "Parents are a child's first teachers, but quality preschool programs are also important. I don't think there is a 'magic' chronological age for when children should enter preschool. Parents know their children best."

yes,,i support that a baby of just 2 years even should be sent to the school.in school ,,it is not only the knowledge she gets but apart of this,,she learns how to stay in society and how to establish in a crowd of similar group,,she learns.she gets the response from friends and develop a habit of thinking her own responsibilies.
now a days not only study goes on in a school but a lot of things like playing,rhymes and such activities with which a baby stay more happy nad develop her brain and enjoy too in schools ..she learns to struggle in this competitive world as well as develop a habit of winning.

Just to make myself clear, by schooling in your countries you mean something like pre-school? like kindergarten? To first grade in our country pupils needs to go from 6 years, some more "stupid" kids go from 7 years :DAnd kindergarten can be entered by children who are 3 years old, but I don't know if all of people do that :)

Parents can teach their child during those young ages ,more areas than and school could ever dream of performing .Children are so young ,need ,support and loving environment that can receive with home environment ,with families rather in any school environment .I do believe though ,excellent checked out day care ,having my daughter ,in day care at least once a wek ,had offer her ,some areas in sharing and being around other children and respect of others ,that being raised as single child ,that was little difficult in teaching .

mm you can teach your own child in that age by your own don't go schooling yet..its much fun to study with parents and it will bring up bonding your child, make learning fun for your babyfun learning today is the key to learn more new things let your child play and discover new things in every simpleevents, yes they are learning a lot from playing they learn socials