xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Tips For Me? And An Apology!

Hello,Well first off members of Xisto I would just like to say sorry for the lack of quality in my replies and topics I have had many moans from the MOD's saying many members have been complaining about them, So I would like to start fresh with you my friends.Anyway,I would also like you to give some tips on how to improve the quality of them to not annoying any of you guys and just fit in well.Thanks a lot,- Ash :D

Hello,
Well first off members of Xisto I would just like to say sorry for the lack of quality in my replies and topics I have had many moans from the MOD's saying many members have been complaining about them, So I would like to start fresh with you my friends.

Anyway,

I would also like you to give some tips on how to improve the quality of them to not annoying any of you guys and just fit in well.

Thanks a lot,

- Ash :D

It's good that you want to start over. As for the tips,

Try to reply only when you really have an opinion or some new information about the topic.
I've noticed that you can do pretty well for hosting even if you post only once a week, but the posts have to be LOOONG, not too long tho, you can easily earn 1 buck with just one post. Reply when you have a lot to say because it really doesn't matter if you post 30 posts or you just post 3 decent ones. The only difference is that Sky gets pissed off by it, and it is rather annoying for others too when you go off topic alot when you post.

That's all from me, I hope you do well! :D

Well Ok Baniboy I will try to follow these but for a fresh start I would also like these warnings removed that would make me feel a lot better so I take it that the post is judged on quality and not post count, That's one thing I didn't know Once again thanks for the tips and if anyone else has some more please reply with them :D.

Haha... I wasn't going to say anything out loud about the content of your previous posts. But you're not alone.I think the general initial thought process of establishing a good foothold with myCents comes down to "post a lot, get a lot." The problem with that methodology is that the person excited about earning myCents right off the back doesn't realize that the content of what he or she posts DOES matter. Short one-liners don't count for much, not to mention that you don't look very good posting things that are either irrevelant, not much of a contribution, or whatnot. We all do it sometimes... I know that sometimes I post just to put in a short opinion for some threads, so I'm guilty of it.The trick is to find the threads that interest you and post what you know and what you are willing to contribute to helping all of us learn a little more about what's at hand. You'll be amazed what you can churn out about a topic and consequently the amount of myCents that you can earn just by giving thorough advice, well-researched and supported suggestions, or even just a number of simple answers that help someone out. Not only will your myCent balance grow but so will your reputability as a reliable contributor to the community. I'm sure you can see some of the regulars as such, and even the guests from time to time. I won't need to mention any names, as their names come up often enough (not to mention that their posts are interesting to read).If it helps, my usual routine with Xisto involves me logging in, checking new posts, and opening possibly-interesting threads in new tabs (using FireFox) and replying to them when I get the chance.Just keep in mind that it's quality and not quantity here. If you have that down pat, you'll be all right.

Honestly Ash, you were getting really annoying the past 2 weeks with your short replies for some reason :D

I mean, I'm not used to read short one-liners even on other forums and I can get annoying there by writing long and not short posts because they aren't used to reading longer opinions.

But here, here it's all about quality of the post because with even 2-3 long posts you can earn to pay your monthly Xisto bill and get away from these forums if you want. Post in the areas you are most interested in, post tutorials if you can write or reviews for games (which can get a lot of myCents - if not copy/pasted ofcourse) and so on... :D

I hope you'll improve yourself as promised and I'll be glad when I'll read your posts. Have fun :D

Haha... I wasn't going to say anything out loud about the content of your previous posts. But you're not alone.
I think the general initial thought process of establishing a good foothold with myCents comes down to "post a lot, get a lot." The problem with that methodology is that the person excited about earning myCents right off the back doesn't realize that the content of what he or she posts DOES matter. Short one-liners don't count for much, not to mention that you don't look very good posting things that are either irrevelant, not much of a contribution, or whatnot. We all do it sometimes... I know that sometimes I post just to put in a short opinion for some threads, so I'm guilty of it.

The trick is to find the threads that interest you and post what you know and what you are willing to contribute to helping all of us learn a little more about what's at hand. You'll be amazed what you can churn out about a topic and consequently the amount of myCents that you can earn just by giving thorough advice, well-researched and supported suggestions, or even just a number of simple answers that help someone out. Not only will your myCent balance grow but so will your reputability as a reliable contributor to the community. I'm sure you can see some of the regulars as such, and even the guests from time to time. I won't need to mention any names, as their names come up often enough (not to mention that their posts are interesting to read).

If it helps, my usual routine with Xisto involves me logging in, checking new posts, and opening possibly-interesting threads in new tabs (using FireFox) and replying to them when I get the chance.

Just keep in mind that it's quality and not quantity here. If you have that down pat, you'll be all right.

This is a great example of what I want to be posting like once I have a lot of tips and start fresh, However this is some great advice you have given me and I appreciate it a lot, I would also like many other quality posters to carry on giving me tips :D.

Thats good to know, good luck inproving the quality of your posts, A Few tips are- Don't Sign your name at the end- Avoid One Liners.- If you don't know the answer, and just want credits don't reply

Hello,
Well first off members of Xisto I would just like to say sorry for the lack of quality in my replies and topics I have had many moans from the MOD's saying many members have been complaining about them, So I would like to start fresh with you my friends.

Anyway,

I would also like you to give some tips on how to improve the quality of them to not annoying any of you guys and just fit in well.

Thanks a lot,

- Ash :D

Well Ash, I know you well and I never forgot since you hacked me. But I saw some of your posts and I think you deserve an apology, seriously. Just don't hack again.

Well Ash, I know you well and I never forgot since you hacked me. But I saw some of your posts and I think you deserve an apology, seriously. Just don't hack again.

I don't know what you are talking about, and another thing that's a one liner so maybe you should check out some tips, They will let you off for a couple of post's because you are new here then you will start to get warnings, Read the Xisto readme and also make an introduction topic.

These tips help me a lot too. I know sometimes my topics/responses seem rather short. I don't mean them to be that way but I don't always have the writing skills to keep up a good post. I get distracted easy and will try to make a better attempt myself at putting up quality posts. If anyone has had a problem with my posts, I apologize in advance.

I don't know what you are talking about, and another thing that's a one liner so maybe you should check out some tips, They will let you off for a couple of post's because you are new here then you will start to get warnings, Read the Xisto readme and also make an introduction topic.

Wow, your incorrect again. :D Spider-Vice did not do a one liner as it his post ended under the first line.

That is not what I nor other quality members call "one liners". A one liner as you should already know Ash is a one line post. For example:

Hello. I am new hope I am welcome

or

Thanks for this

The examples are based on one liners. Like near enough 5, 10 to 15 posts of yours (I am not judging anything your posting about) but some of them are one liners. A majority of 100-150 of your posts may be contained as SPAM, so if we remove (just saying) your 150 spammed posts, you would be left with a total of 309 good proper posts.

Witch I personally think is good. You post 9.78 posts per day, witch would be adding 9 more posts to your 309 of a total, in witch gives you 318 posts. Just think about how much your posting. Take a break from posting dude. As my saying goes: "You will set your keyboard on fire by typing so fast and too much". :D

So this is now going onto post count now? Thats something I really don't care about, even though I have been signed up less time than you and I already have more post's that just shows I am an active member and post regularly and not just a waste of space on the Xisto database :D.

Ash, What is with this thread? I mean confession ha? :D Ok lets be serious, i never found the quality of your posts that degrading. but yes, sometimes 1-2 liner posts could turn some people down. Hmm, and after reading few replier here, i see you're active these days. (*something i'm constantly failed to do on Xisto :D ] ). Keep contributing to threads where you've opinion and you feel you can contribute. For the rest of the threads, you can continue to spam :D

Ash,
What is with this thread? I mean confession ha? :D Ok lets be serious, i never found the quality of your posts that degrading. but yes, sometimes 1-2 liner posts could turn some people down.
Hmm, and after reading few replier here, i see you're active these days. (*something i'm constantly failed to do on Xisto :D ] ).

Keep contributing to threads where you've opinion and you feel you can contribute. For the rest of the threads, you can continue to spam :D

Well I feel I should be improving the quality of them a lot more and the quantity., But yes as you said I am a very active member so that would help for a moderation position I suppose. and the last point you said about only reply on the one's that interest me I have just started to do that now and I hope I improve. Please don't stop giving me tips the more the better!