xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dooga

Check Out Microsoft? Copycats...

Microsoft recently introduced their new "enhancement" "toolbar suite". This tool bar suite allows users to search their desktop and have a desktop search bar! Ahem... google already has this in beta since last year! This so called toolbar suite can block popups, search your desktop in Outlook and IE and has the ability to open up MSN in one click. However, is this copying google? Anyways, they also have a new feature. Their image search, groups search and all that jazz is now easier to access! When you click on the words "image search" for example, it automatically goes their without having to reload the page all over again! This is a script that they come up with... or did they? Yahoo was using the excact same script since the year 2004 and the layout and colors are EXCACTALLY the same! Hmm... ahem... nothing suspicous about that! Microsoft also comes up with it's own BLOGGING service! Like google's blogger, it allows users to post diary like stuff. It's called "MSN spaces"! And last but not least, Microsoft comes up with finally, one unique thing. You can now choose the layout for the homepage! About the toolbars... I think yahoo toolbar is better, because it has anti-spy on it.... a first... It's so wierd how these companies are already comming up with so many "beta' releases of everything! What's comming up next I wonder...~ Dooga (My hands are sore from typing...)

So to speak, all major search companies (Google, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, Microsoft) are now in the "Desktop Search Wars", as computers are getting larger and larger, more and more stuff can be put into computers, however, finding the stuff that you need becomes harder as well. In such of this, Google sparked the Desktop Search and now, Yahoo and Mricosoft are scrambling to get their own desktop search engines. And to add more fuel to this fire, Apple just released its "Spotlight" search technology, adding more pressure for Google, Microsoft and Yahoo to design better equiped Desktop Search Engines. Further more, the long anticipated released of Windows Longhorn, the successor of Windows XP, is specualted by many, many, tech experts that Microsoft will introduce a new search technology within the Longhorn OS. Much like Apple's Spotlight Search Technology.Straying away from the Search Engine Wars, the Blogging competition is really nothing new, MSN issued out the "Msn Space" so more users would access MSN, and hopefully derive some users away from Google's popular Blogger service and other blogging services.If my assumption is correct, by the end of 2005, Google, Ask Jeeves, Yahoo, and Microsoft, will have issued out each of thier own full tested and non-beta versions of thier desktop engines, and by the time Longhorn is released, the "Search Engine Wars" will have ended, becasue Microsofts longhorn search technology will have likey dominted the Desktop Search Engine market.

Yea that is true the desktop search engines are so annoying. I dont like it when it gets on the PC. I always end up uninstalling them. Its just annoying and a inconvience for people so they shouldn't even try to make people install it into their pc.