xisto Community
dolrich06

My Portfolio Site still in progress

If you have time, you can check on my website. Any comments would help.
Here is the link of my site. Thank you, looking forward to your respone. :D

Seems a little bland, it look like something I could put together in 5 minites on dreamweaver. If this is there to sell yourself its not got the WOW factor, it's adequate but could be so much more.

This site is very, very basic. You need to make the site more appealing. Mabye some dropdown menus, css. Mabye a Wordpress script may be of use. As you said this is still in progress, I'd be interested in what you put next. At the moment my rating stands at 5/10 :)

I don't believe just throwing things in will make it better. Look at the overall design, it does not look professional (no offense) and its probably because your not a real designer. You are a programmer primary so its normal for us to lack design skills. I would suggest you find a friend who is very creative and talented in design and work along side them to come up with a design that is very functional and visually appealing. Do not resort to using pre-made CMS if you seek to be viewed as a programmer you should be expected to create your own no?Keep at it and you will get better. That is all I can think off for now but I would say its not a bad start what you have done so far.Good LuckSone.

Agree with most of the comments ... and boy, you need some working on the design aspect of it. Designing might not be your forte, but it is the first thing that capture people's attention. To be honest, I will surf away the moment I hit the home page.Suggestions1) Some designs and images (like futuristic picture, ascii code etc) on the header2) gradient on the menu bar or some mouseover effect (maybe fading of the other section which you can do using css)3) Choice of color. I like to term the existing choice as "sick" color. It doesn't have the stand out effect.

I like the site. Nice clean layout. Not a distracting colour. Simplicity of layout and content is professional.As a Source for potential employers to check out the work you have done, I would suggest that you check the pages for typos (spelling mistakes) like the word 'w'ackward should be 'b'ackward [or reverse?] and remove the gaming note from the page if the purpose of the site is to attract employers and serve as a professional resume. Not that there is anything wrong with Gaming, but it does not add to the professional nature of the site, IMHO.And lose the shoutbox, too. Same reason.