xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chaos3932

Internet And Long Distance Relationships Just dont do it

I am a fanatic when it comes to games to say the least, and my favorite past time years ago... Was to play Diablo II regularly and I lead a clan by the name KAOS, aka Kill All OtherS(Gaming community). I was 17 when I met a girl named Becka on D2. She was quite flirtacious on the game so me and her got to chit chatting. We talked for about 8 months and I was in a bad state of mind far as thinking rationally. I enevitably quit school, and decided to run away to meet this ?mazing"person. I live in North Carolina and she lived in Massachusetts so it was a very long trip... Took about 20 hours to rid a greyhound to Boston. When we met it was a great moment. It was very strange... I was mostly happy that she was not a creepy old man/cyber stalker! I actually found her to be quite a hot young asian girl. She was a little underage but only about a year. So at least when I turned 18 a few weeks later I did not have to worry about dateline NBC interviewing me XD. Her mom sort of approved of me anyway. Except she thought I was a year younger than I was.I knew nothing about the real world and I had to rely on a temporary loan from beckas mother... She felt bad for me that her daughter convinced a young kid like me to come all the way up there with no money and no support... It took me a while to get a job and to completly situate myself. In the end I was in about 1000$ debt. I managed to land a job with a local marketplace and paid off my landlords and her mom.We ended up dating for 6 months then she dumped me for some random guy she met and only knew for 1 week. Lets just say the break up hit me heard and I had to leave or I would had exploded or melted idk what! I got her mom to take me to the train station and I left boston that night on a simular greyhound bus. I never regretted what I did because it helped me learn alot about relationships, and it taught me alot about myself, and the real world. Two years later here I am back at home with my family and in my final month of highschool. I am soon to accomplish my diploma and next fall I start a 2 year programming degree with my community college. Not only that but I have a LOCAL girlfriend and its much much easier than a long distance relationship. Take it from me and seriously consider the consequences a long distance relationship may hold if things do not work out... T_T

Edited by chaos3932 (see edit history)

This is one of the riskiest relationship one can find on this earth , how can you fall into such a dangerous relationship ? 1st of all internet relations-ship is one where people try to involve oneself for time pass. Almost 99% wont be serious about the same,so if you are serious about the internet relationship and if you get into one , and if the opponent is not serious and acts as if he/she is serious , in such a case you are in a big Danger ! hope you get it . better dont go for online relationships

At least you had a real life relationship with her forsix months, so it wasn't a write off. There is somebody I know, a woman who separated from her husband at the urging of somebody she met online six weeks ago.She has never even met this online person in real life yet butshe is talking like they are planning on spending they're whole life together.It seems strange to me.It's not as though she is fat and ugly either.She is a real good looker.Truth is stranger than fiction.

At least you had a real life relationship with her forsix months, so it wasn't a write off.
There is somebody I know, a woman who separated from her husband
at the urging of somebody she met online six weeks ago.
She has never even met this online person in real life yet but
she is talking like they are planning on spending they're whole life together.
It seems strange to me.
It's not as though she is fat and ugly either.She is a real good looker.
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Now thats pretty daft!

Sometimes it is soothing if you find a partner on the net and "fall in love". You feel its special because they show you only the things they think its nice about them and you'll like too!! lol!

Don't get hooked on that, for real. Real love occurs when you meet her proper...and can see her gestures.

I agree...just donInternet And Long Distance RelationshipsReplying to africaI am in a situation where I 'fell in love' on the net, left everything I knew, a very successful life, and moved 1800 miles to spend time with this man. I have no regrets, I knew how he was when I moved in with him. But what does bother me, is his addiction to the net. He is an author, as am I, he writes and has published inthe erotica genre and draws women like flies. He finds one that is apparently in some way vulnarable and then focuses on her, by the time he meets her, he wants to make sure she's pretty much in love with him, he has sex with her for a night, then leaves, never to speak to her again, he could care less at that point what she's feeling. If I bring up HER feelings, he gets angry. He is addicted to this weird power his words alone can have on women.I've tried in subtle ways to warn these women, but they want what he's saying to be true so bad, that they just put it down to jealousy and ignore the warning. He is upfront with them so far as telling them he's not a "keeper". But he also doesn't tell them he has a live in girlfriend either.Ya gotta watch out for these guys and unfortunately women are so desperate for what he offers, they'll fall for anything. It's pretty sad.-reply by Sassy

Your story sounds so surreal, but at the same time I can understand where you were coming from.  I used to be a big D2 fan myself and gotta love asian chicks.  You have some real bravery doing that.  It **cks that she so easily dismissed you after all that had done to meet her (after the 6 months).  I hope your new relationship goes well and that you remember the better part of that 6 months.

-reply by randomguy6920

i don't think there is any point in having a long distance relationship for me part of the whole thing is going out with your girlfriend, cuddling with a blanket watching tv and all the things you guys can do together, not reading eachother's text over the computer and sending back in forth pics that nobody even knows if they're real.