xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Google's Latest Policy on adsense

hi friends , i hope you are all aware about the adsense offered by google and its policy . Earlier it was like whomsoever need to subscribe for adsense can go and register a domain and thereafter come and register with google adsense , But now Google has rewritten its policies , eg: now only high level domains are accepted , (.com etc) , moreover the most important change is that , if you are registering for an adsense account your domain must be atleast 6 moths old. so this keeps away many people for just like that registering with google adsense.

Nice move from adsense, the problem is those who wish to earn with adsense and are serious will suffer. But on the other hand you can expect scraper sites will not be there for long. and obviously rate at which they're created will be slowed down.One more thing is they introduced many new feature like interest based ads on adsense, which you can access in your adsense settings. You've to update your policies for that as per adsense mail.But at the end, i say it is good move from adsense. I appreciate it. Let's hope less scraper/splog sites on web and hope internet becomes better informational place.

I completely and totally agree with googles decision. As an adwords publisher the rates on certain keywords that I use sometimes suddenly skyrocket because of MFA (Made for Adsense) fly by night websites that sprout up and are gone within a month. Doing this will help control the MFA markets and will help real publishers like myself cut down on their advertising budget. This is a real problem especially in todays dying economy. I would hope that google would have done something about this a while ago.As an adsense publisher you can stand to potentially make A LOT of money if your site is getting hits and the content is good. For something that can be so lucrative and you are building a site in hopes of making money or even an income off of adsense then you wouldnt mind waiting for your domain to age to 6 months before you start advertising google. It would give you a good chance anyways to start building up traffic and quality content onto your site before you start putting ads on there anyways.

I realise that this topic is quite old, but that's why I'm posting: Has the Google policy changed since? Because I've read about the company not offering AdSense anymore outside of USA, but then that changed... Now I'm hearing you need to have a privacy policy for it to work and that the "clicker" IP needs to be from USA. Anyway, I don't like that Google changed their "non-USA" policy because people outside of USA were also clicking these ads, which means much less to no earnings for people writing content in their native language (non-english). Also, many people would like to set up and test their site entirely before going online, which means that installing AdSense after 6 months will probably corrupt their plans, which means more room for mistakes (for the inexperienced), maybe less readers due to "not available" messages etc.

And from which source you've heard that google only accepts US publisher ? Google earns more money from the advertisers who reside outside US. And for almost every country they have targetted search ads. So do you think they'll deny publishers outside US ?

Also, many people would like to set up and test their site entirely before going online, which means that installing AdSense after 6 months will probably corrupt their plans, which means more room for mistakes (for the inexperienced), maybe less readers due to "not available" messages etc.

I have to disagree. If you're building some solid foundation for your portal or website then 6 month with good content and traffic is reasonable time. If you're expecting google to get accepted before 6 month then chances are site could be with spun content or made for adsense content. How you expect adsense staff to filter through such applications ? think about from their perspective. Will you advertise your ads on site which is full of useless content and was accepted before 6 month of stay ? this 6 month restirction gives adsense staff enough time to get some applications reviewed manually or even thoroughly.

And from which source you've heard that google only accepts US publisher ? Google earns more money from the advertisers who reside outside US. And for almost every country they have targetted search ads. So do you think they'll deny publishers outside US ?

I have to disagree. If you're building some solid foundation for your portal or website then 6 month with good content and traffic is reasonable time. If you're expecting google to get accepted before 6 month then chances are site could be with spun content or made for adsense content. How you expect adsense staff to filter through such applications ? think about from their perspective. Will you advertise your ads on site which is full of useless content and was accepted before 6 month of stay ? this 6 month restirction gives adsense staff enough time to get some applications reviewed manually or even thoroughly.

I've done some research again - Google was planning to accept only US, Canada and Japan publishers for a while in 2008., and adsense publishers got that message from a noreply adress at that time.

However, after a lot of letters they rethinked the decision and now you can get money only if users from USA, Canada or Japan click on your ads. It was all written on their blog some time ago.

Sorry for the wrong info, because they were only thinking of banning non-USA users from the program. I had that info in my head somewhere, but couldn't exactly remember all of it.

The other stuff, as much as I know, is true since I haven't found any other info that would indicate otherwise.

You might be right about the 6 month wait, but I still think that they should at least cut the time to 3 months (I don't think anyone would wait even a month or two to make an adsense-content only site).

Anyhow, I think they're just trying to cut down their costs because nowadays a lot of people have websites (an true, some of them are specially for adsense) and they started to feel the consequences during the economy crisis.