xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aeren

Guys And Girls Are Two Different Species! advice for guys and girls on how to get along with each other

Hello all, My name is Joshua, and after reading through a lot of posts in this section, i have decided to write a whole bunch of dating guides, relationship guides....basically guides to help you in your relationships. Not only with the opposite sex, but with everybody else too. I dont offer pick up guides, or 'how to pull' guides, that is simple, go to a bar, get a woman/man drunk...take home, have sex. Anybody can do that, but to sustain a healthy relationship, to break down personal barriers, can be diffucult for some people, and i am here to help with that. i will start off with a fundamental introduction for today, and follow with daily, sometime dual daily posts on the topic. Enjoy

Joshua

------------------------------------Aerens Guide to Men, Women, Dating and all in Between---------------------------------------

First and foremost, meeting people, dating and relationships is fun. there is no need for sweaty palms, 'butterflys' in the stomach or a heart rate so high, its coming out your mouth!!! No Need. Ever. AT ALL. The only reason we 'date' is to form some sort of interpersonal relationship, so we may ascertain (find out) whether we want to spend more time with that person. you are not there to 'get a root', you are not there to find someone to 'impress mum' and you are most certainly not there because others are doing it. Well at least these shouldnt be the reasons for being on a date. you need to be on a date because you want to. you want to be on a date to find ot if this person IS someone you could spend more time with, which means no pretensions, no fanciness, no PRETENDING to be someone you are not. you just need to be yourself, and get to know the person sitting opposite you. to effectively communicate with someone, and truly get to know them, you need to be confident with yourself, and who you are, therefore no pretending is needed to hide any insecurities you have.

most people's problems with meeting other people, is confidence. Confidence is probably the most important quality, aside from honesty, one can have when you meet someone. No 'bravado' or 'pretentiousness' is needed, and will either attract the wrong people or just plain not work. All you need is a good dose of confidence (and maybe dutch courage?? HA!!)

Confidence is all about trusting and beleiveing in yourself, and then conveying that sense to others. Appearing confident is half the battle, and some ways you can appear confident;

-Straight Posture- a straight posture is good for showing confidence and strength

-Smile- fairly obvious

-Eye Contact- you want the person to actually know you are speaking to them yes???

-Leaning Forwards- Leaning Forwards shows you are willing or intent on what is being said

There are a lot more posture points to be considered, and if anybody is interested, then i will cover posture completely in another post.

Basically, they key to confidence is believing in yourself, putting it out there, and showing you are confident. And be honest, to yourself and others. I will write further tonight on this introductory subject, i have an ultrasound for the other half to get to!!!

Joshua

I guess I am different from most, I dont really ever get nervous around other people, Im not shy whats so ever and always speak what is on my mind wether it is appropiate or not. lol I have never had a problem approaching the opposite sex and or going after something I want. I dont know why, I kinda understand how other people feel but not exactly since I dont have those feelings. I dont know if I am strange or if there are other people that are the same way, And I never ever get embarrased. Sometimes my friends are just amazed at how I handle different situations, and they are always messing with me trying to see if they can embarress me. Any I found the topic kinda interesting and was wondering am I strange or is there other people out there like this?

You are not weird at all, there are a lot of individuals out there that find it easy to communicate with people, and it comes quite naturally to them. You are definately one of the lucky ones!! Just be true to who you are, and you can not go wrong!!

ah , girls are different from guys that i do agree , but you have to agree with me something , there are different kind of girls and understanding which category the girl falls is yet another different task ! So better have patience move with them and in a course of time you will get to know about them :D