xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

The Economy

Okay so as we all know, America's economy is pretty much in the toilet right now. So many of our nation's businesses are tanking right now that it's just flat out terrible.So Barack HUSSEIN Obama suggests that we come up with a stimulus bill to fix the economy (AFTER FEAR MONGORING) which looks good on paper, but honestly you guys, what good is giving trillions of dollars to people who can't manage money or a business in the first place going to do for us? If Barack was smart, he would know that the obvious way to get the economy flowing would be to 1.) stop fear mongoring like revalations has arrived, and 2.) cut taxes so people have more money to spend. I mean come on you guys think for a second! Giving billions of dollars to GM isn't going to get the small business owner his business back. It's just going to send the national debt sky rocketing up.Thoughts?

Thoughts?

He's actually going to be doing something?—need i say more? :D But seriously, the news concerning him has been pretty general, and there's been more speeches than acting from what i've seen. There's also been some flip-flopping concerning some things he promised. Concerning the economy, i know of the phrase, "You have to spend money to make money," but in a depression? If money leaves the country, then work is basically done in vain, because then we have to print more money to fill the gaps, which will just ruin the American dollar even more. I don't think voting for a "representative" is the best system. If it affects the people, the people should have a say in the matter, giving the matter to the people to vote on the actions that should be taken.

I've been seeing some of Obama's speeches on YouTube to see what kind of fallacies i can find (since i hear politicians tend to commit fallacies) and to see what was so great about his speeches. He did commit a lot of fallacies in his speeches, mostly appeal to emotion and false dilemma; begging the question and other fallacies were committed also, but those weren't so (")dangerous.(") I would have much rather preferred Ron Paul (after studying some of the candidates), but Obama's in power now, so there's not much to be done about it now. Regardless, i would have assumed it common sense not to spend when you are not capable of doing so.

The whole issue in reality is caused by the 'Global' economy by which I mean everything is so tightly interwoven with each other thing - a bit like building a pyramid except for the fact of which if you pull one block from the bottom the rest must surely fall.The first primary issue is of Americas own doing by allowing the craze of day traders to uncontrolled. These are basically amature traders who work independently from home via the Internet and are totally un-regulated. When the craze really took off some few years back is when Gold went through the roof in terms of price and yet in the preseeding twelve months the demand had dropped by over 40% in industriial terms which is where most of it goes. Gold is and no doubt always will be, seen as a safe haven in times like this and always affects other commodity prices. So, when you have a million or so amature day traders on the markets each day around the planet, whether it be commodities llike Gold or FOREX (the foreign currency exchange market) things become very distorted but artificialy so. This in turn drives the greed of the corporate sector who, as you see now, will make millions of people redundant because they claim they cannot afford to mine the raw material or manufacture the products at the desired price etc; this is in reality to the position they have held for the past 3-4 years of artificialy hyper-inflated commodity prices - but did the share holdes or directors complain then....????The other issue, and a major one at that, is things like sub-prime and interconnect of the 'Global' financial markets. In this issue you have major international financial institutions who set up in the Cayman Islands for instance where they 'manufacture' financial instruments for any and every purpose imaginable so as to make even the most dodgy of dodgy deals look like the greatest thing on planet earth. These are then 'sold' in lots around the world to different investment banks who then sell lots of the lots - if you see what I mean - to other banks and investment houses such as pension funds etc around the world. So far so good...??Well yes, except for the food chain at the other end which, of course, nobody stops to even consider for a split second, the people on the ground selling these 'policies' to the end users. Now, because the sales people are on VERY high commissions - because the 'policies' which have been sold on the other side are such high value and return - they want to make as much money as they can as quickly as they can so, who can't afford a new home? Anybody can of course; then because everybody starts buying their dream home the real estate agents get greedy and push the prices up to un-real levels and so and so on.Now the end story is thus. If America took the example of UK which, although Gordon Brown is being slated for it, the Government take a controlling stake in return for bailing them out the situation then things will start to shake out and stabalize via nationalization. Nationalization is based upon a very sound and simple premise - it is far cheaper, no matter what the subsidy, to keep people in skilled and semi-skilled employment, than it is to keep them un-employed or in un-skilled employment and its true. But you also need to get these day traders out of the system or find some serious way of regulating them out.Also, watch for a few more major institutions to bight the dust in the next six months due the next, middle, market mortgages amongst other things.... All in all, if you have any entrepreneurial spirit, now is the time to get started and get in at the lowest point - the doors are always open when rats start running....