xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andreip

Simple Photoshop Layout Blue, Grey, White,Simple.

Well, I was bored and I decided to try and make a website layout. After 40 minutes of work I've came up with this :

Posted Image

Yes, not really awesome and pretty simple. I don't know what to say about it.

You guys just say !

Pretty simple, but I like it. It is nice and clean. I think the colors work nicely together, and it isn't stuffed with too many things.I don't really like the font for the content and the latest news sections... Although I'm not exactly sure what would fit better there.Over all, I think you did a good job on it :D

Pretty simple, but I like it. It is nice and clean. I think the colors work nicely together, and it isn't stuffed with too many things.
I don't really like the font for the content and the latest news sections... Although I'm not exactly sure what would fit better there.

Over all, I think you did a good job on it :D

Yes, now if I look better the news thingy really doesn't fit there xD. Maybe some adds or something like that. Thank you for your opinion :D.
Cheers!

The hexagon on the header does not go well. Also the search icon should be on the right hand side. it seems a bit awkward being on the left hand side if you have to click it to perform the search. There is still a lot of elements you are missing like time and dates for articles, headings even. Drawing up a photoshop design is easy but making a good design that functions well and gives users relevant information is key. Eventually you want your design to be used on the web right so even though you are just playing around with design keep in mind this. I think you can either try and improve it or do more designs and think about how you can be a bit more original. The rounded square blocks have been used a lot on the web and it is so easy to look like "Just another square box design with rounded corners" if you do not add more to it. I would consider more textures or even shapes. To me it just is too simple and the colors make it even more like things just been thrown together without a sense of theme or look you are aiming for.

I like the layout but I like longer and larger themes. Sometimes the smaller ones don't scroll down well and its hard to show any more than a portfolio. I like your style and how it flows nicely. It reminds me though of a lot of themes that have never been coded. The only problem with this is the difficulty to code and make this theme with the rounded edges especially for a site that uses an established CMS. I'm working on a template for a media site. It looks pretty good so far, I have the home page done, its a feed page with pieces coming off the other sections.

sonesay - Well the layout was all a game, I didn't really intended to code it after all. And I know is hard to code it because of the dimensions and all the things. Tough your reply seems a little harsh and ironical :|. I didn't wanted to be rude and sorry if I was. Yes I admit I'm not the best at doing functional layouts and I admit it. I always have problems having them coded. And yes I agree with you that is "another square box with round corners". Thank you anyway for being honest ^^!

Xalor - As before stated I know it's not really a functional website. I hope you can finish your website and have a great success ^^.

Cheers!

I believe, with the other stuff the above has said, that the graphics are too big for the text, its like the graphics are for somebody who cant see very well while the text is for a 20/20, I think you should make the graphics fit the text a little better.

Dei=finitely a beautiful Web 2.0 design. The Text is a bit distorted as it seems for people that have great sight while the graphics are massive. If you need it converted into XHTML and CSS I can do it for you (just send me an email : triplebtalk@live.com.au). You will find that the graphics are nice but a little to big. The font is wrong, make it smoother (like Tahoma) and think about what the application for the layout would be.