xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Watchman: Movie Review

I saw this movie last night and all I have to say is WOW! What they did to this movie was equal to or better then Dark Knight, the characters, the story, the action perfect. This movie was about two and half hours long and boy they packed in at least two movies worth of stuff in there and its funny I almost thought that was going to happen towards the end when it felt like they were going to continue this comic mini series into a second movie.

Posted ImageIn my opinion and thats not including reading this comic, I feel as though that this movie made C-list comic heroes into A-list comic heroes. That was even true after boning up on this comic just to see what its status was and still the raw emotion that this movie produce was outstanding. Heck most of the cast I do not recognize at all and even after looking at their bios and seeing all the stuff they have been in, the producers made the right call in not using any big names as that would have been an injustice.

I give mad props to Billy Crudup(Mr. Manhatten) and Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach) for how they develop these roles because of the raw emotion you could feel from them. Heck, I can smell Oscar, Golden Globe and a Emmy contender for next year with this movie. I wouldn't be surprise if they do hit most of the categories for this movie because that was how well the develop the story, the characters and everything even though the comic was the backdrop for this movie, they made this 12 issue comic seem like 100 issue comic.

I just couldn't find anything wrong with this movie, the plot twists were dead on, the music awesome, heck the show I went to the place was packed, the show afterwords had a huge crowd as well and so comes time for my Box Office prediction. $100-$150 million opening weekend and I put this movie in the top 10 overall box office, maybe even the top 5. Thought it won't beat out Dark Knight with its $500 million box office take it should still take in about 300-400 million tops.

Heck if you got enough movie to get a movie ticket because of whats going on, that money is well spent because you be 100& engrossed into this movie from beginning to end.

I would have to say it is as Equal as The Dark Knight nothing is better than that :D But I have seen this film being advertised on Yahoo today and it doesn't look really good.I think I will have to get it soon but some great opinions there Saint Michael!Keep it up :D.

Comic was interesting so movie has to be some content in it. As it is releasing in 2009, so i expect more special effects. Action effects and Soundtrack for it. Trailer on you tube was intriguing so i'm looking forward to this movie.By the way, What about Movie "The Spirit" any thoughts about it?

I never got a chance to see that movie, kept on putting it off and stuff because of the holidays, but if it is anything like Sin City then it should be a definite watch.As for the trailers luckily they never spoiled anything which I am glad, because most of the time trailers pretty much tell the whole movie. On top of that since i never read the comic it was equally enjoyable because the comic would have ruined any enjoyment I might have gotten out of this movie. Not saying I would go just my praise might be a little less since most of it I would have been expecting already.