xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Baniboy

Free Firewall Help I want suggestions of free firewalls.

Well, I was using COMODO firewall pro but it had a conflict with my external microphone plug and my synaptics touchpad. CFP also asked too much, all I wanted was protection and that stupid program asked permission for everything, and I got sick of it.So now I want good firewall for my laptop pc, I'm running vista home premium and I'm pretty happy with it. Please don't mention zonealarm because vista doesn't let it's monitoring program work.I would like to also mention that I want FREE firewall, not a trial, shareware is ok as long as it doesn't limit using to let's say 30 days or something.Now I'm running AVG internet security on trial until I find a firewall that fits me the best.In the information, please mention:1. The name of the firewall software.2. Is it shareware or freeware.3. Your review of the program, download link, and how many points you would give to it from 1 to 10.Thank you for your help.

Edited by baniboy (see edit history)

Well I would say COMODO firewall But you are already or was using that I find that is a good one, But I think if you want a better one than that you would have to pay I am affraid unless you get a torrent... But another good one is Systematic Endpoint Protection I am sure you would like it and be able to use it :D.

Well I would say COMODO firewall But you are already or was using that I find that is a good one, But I think if you want a better one than that you would have to pay I am affraid unless you get a torrent... But another good one is Systematic Endpoint Protection I am sure you would like it and be able to use it :D .

I tried googling that, it came up with just torrent sites and then some internet shops in the 3rd page, it's no freeware as I asked.

Well you can try this site out and see which one works for you, but I try and see if you can get comodo support and your problems in order to fix the problems your having.

Why not just use the one that comes with Vista? You haven't complained about it in this topic (yet), so i would suspect it to work to some extent. I'm not sure what rating i'd give Vista's Firewall, though. Maybe a 5 out of 10, though i've never owned Vista; i've used Vista on a laptop once, but would never want it on my computer.

I'll give you a list of free firewall that are recommended by websites that check computers for viruses: Zone Alarm, Outpost, COMODO and Sygate. If I'm not wrong, I've heard good things about Zone Alarm, try out that one.

I did say you would have to pay for Systematic Endpoint Protection The better one's are mostly the one's you have to pay for...

yeah he is right the more you pay more good work you will getbut you can download zonealarm for free security suite that costs i think approx 35$but there are many way to get that firewall for freeand also zonealarm is the best firewall as rated and i am also using zonealarm firewall + bitdefender firewall.so i think my computer is safebut i also suggest to surf the net on ubuntu which is very fast and also highly securei don't think that you will be affected from viruses and other in zonealarm because ubuntu needs permission to execute any executable file and as i think all viruses are executable or .exe and also you can download ubuntu or order it for free. They will deliver you at your home.i hope my answer was up to the mark