xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Help Wit Google Analytics Dialup DSL T1 and other networks

I use Google Analytics for my site. Really find it a lot more simple to understand but for one thing. I have notice most of my hits come from New York City and and My Dialups out number all other services.I use Dialup myself and thought that maybe it was my own hits causing this but when I looked, My IP was not showing also my location is not showing. these dialips out number all other networks 3 to 1. Question is could this be real hits? Maybe Bot's? or could my Dialup be rerouted through new york city and showing up? Really has me bummed fuzzled over all of it.

It is most likely that those are your hits. I use Google Analytics too, but I have Road Runner. My hits come from an area about 25 miles from where I live. You can check where your dial-up is being routed through on:
http://www.ip2location.com/
Put your IP address in, and whatever the place that shows up is where the your hits are coming from.

Kinda of what I figured it was. Thanks. Now if google would only make there help files a little more easy to understand on how to do things. But I guess that would be like asking the world to stop spinning so I could jump off LOL