xisto Community
websey

The Best Wysiwyg Editor What do you think

Hi Guys,Well I am just wondering which WYSIWYG you guys think is the best wether free or paid for...I currently use Dreamweaver for the main site construction due to ease of use and the fact that it intergrates with photoshop and illistrator so easily....But I also use Notepad++ for coding javascript etc So what is the best ??? All answers welcomed

I actually use the Notepad for starting a script (or everything that is going into a web) and then use the FTP editor to make quick changes in the scripts and see if changes are OK or no. It's a quick and good method to really get what I want. It might not be the best, but it suits me.

Dreamweaver integrates with Photoshop? =0I mean... I suppose it makes sense, what with them being from the same company... and often bundled in a package. Hmm.But regardless of that, Dreamweaver scared me off about three or four years ago, and I haven't rightly given it a second chance. (Scared me off as it, didn't draw tables properly, and had long drop down menus full of basic code items that I had already committed to memory and therefore could type in notepad faster. Also, I was used to understanding programs without having to give extensive time and thought into figuring them out... so... yeah, that was it). P'raps I should try it again though? Funny thing, I did use GoLive for a bit. Probably not the best for dynamic content and all that, but if you wanted to make easy designs, that was the thing. I say was... because Adobe bought it out and then a while later cancelled program production. (But I can see their reasons for such an action, so it's cool).Yeah, sorry I didn't help much. I came here myself hoping to find some news of a miracle wysiwyg. :D"it does PHP, XHTML, Java, and more - all at the drag and drop of your mouse!", "All you have to do is THINK about what design you want, and it will produce it there on your screen... in REAL TIME, and BETTER than you'd envisioned!", "It may just be the CURE FOR CANCER, AIDS, AND OTHER SERIOUS MEDICAL ISSUES, even the BLACK PLAGUE!"Mhmm. So... if you hear of anything like that, let me know? :D

lo mate,Well to be honest I had a hunt around the net the other day and come up with a pretty good program that I dont ahve $130 to buy :9its called site grinder and what it basically does is takes any photoshop file you add a few little tags on each layer and it converts it all to html / php / javascript / flash lol and i think i heard somewhere if you have sex with it you no longer have aids !! :D but i could be wrong on that last point...But seriously mate if you have the cash do it I was going to because im lazy and cant be arsed to code any more but google it find out what you thinkalthough I must say it is pretty poor demo as it watermarks the whole page (but i think i have found a way around that :D) but have a look if you like message me and i will tell you if it works or notlaters websey

Just suggestionThe Best Wysiwyg Editor

:) I googled with the words "best site editor" and did find this - http://www.bestsiteeditor.com/ .

Now I switch all my website to that cms . I used to be a Notepad conservative , but with so many websites on my mind, start to lose control. I lot of  "brain" has been inveted in this cms.

You may use their demo site - create your site - and save it to your hard drive :) 

-reply by Joseph

EclipseThe Best Wysiwyg EditorReplying to webseyEclipse Web Tools Platform is pretty good for free. Its WYSIWYG html editor, called "Web Page Editor", is sorta iffy. For larger pages, you wind up entering text in the HTML window, but HTML editing is really new for it. Click in one of the split windows, and it takes you to the corresponding part in the other, and it works pretty good. Cutting and pasting make this better than non-WYSIWYG. Code completion is iffy, but text highlighting is good; and it is great at checking for errors in HTML. You can also get spell checking, a handy Git repository plugin, JavaScript and PHP editing, a Wiki editor, but underpowered snippets and scripting, unless you know some Java. After seeing a lot of promising but disappointing free WYSIWYG HTML editors, I think Eclipse is best, unless you don't mind Kompozer=Sea Monkey=Nvu rearranging your source mercilessly and don't care if they don't understand scripting languages. It's pretty good for free.-reply by JohnC

Dear friends I basically use Dreamweaver. Its really professional and ultimate and easy to learn and use also. Moreover we can see the code also along with the preview of the site in splitted windows in the same screen. Notepad++ is not Wysiwyg but for coding purpose the colouring differently used by this package for different languages is the ultimate concept which makes it different from others.