xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
buxgoddess

Srilankan Cricket Team Shot In Pakistan

The Srilankan team was attacked in Pakistan by the six Pakistani well trained militants injuring eight of the cricket team squad. Skipper Mahela jaya wardane was hit in the legs but a new fast bowler was hit in the chest. Murlidharan is however not injured. Two of the players are badly injured and are fighting their lives.Pakistani media this morning claimed that the militants are trained in Pakistan and were also involved in the similar attack in Mumbai November last year.The militants were six in number who pre planned the attach and fired indiscremenently killing five police officers protecting the players.The Pakistan Cricket Board condemned the act as cowardly and an act to defame Pakistan cricket board. The PCB already in self turmoil is in danger of being thrown out of the world sports federation.

I saw this on the new yesterday. IT was terrible. Pakistan sure is not going to have anymore tours for a very long time. I heard they used AK47s and RPGs and hand grenades. It is lucky they survived. I also think i read that one umpire was killed in the second bus which was following it. The security must have been very poor for this to happen. Now we can only hope nothing like this happens again.

I had seen this in the news yesterday. This is a very ridiculous act of terrorism. I don't know what they got by this attack. No team will dare to go to Pak again. Actually India recently cancelled its series due to an attack in Mumbai. England and Australia already dropped from tours due to security reasons. Its the Srilankan team that dared to go and this is the gift Pak had given to them. I know its the attack of terrorists and Pak has no intention in doing this, but it showed us how much security Pak has provided to Srilankan team. It showed their negligence. News papers wrote that there was a warning from the intelligence department one day before that there might be a possibility for the attack. But still they didn't consider to provide more security. Its a complete failure of their security. No doubt, no team will go to Pak in the near coming future. And ICC announced it will reconsider about the hositng of World Cup 2011 in Pak.