xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
awa202

Feedback Wanted On A Short Film

Hi guys im a student from australia and i hope this is the right forum to post this. anyhow one of my passions is filmmaking and i was just thinking why not get some feedback from people on here.
anyhow this short film was made for a competition last year 2008 which with some luck i won. it had to fit the theme of 'shoes'. the storyline is a bit jumbled and out of place etc and rushed and it was really just a means for me to work on all of the different parts of making it - cinematography, editing, effects - for my university portfolio. anyhow id love some critical feedback. not so much on the story, more on what other choices i could have made in the film. thanks very much

here is the film on youtube it goes for 5 minutes exactly:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I think the overall production was good. The scenes looked good but seem to be rushed at some points. Like missing shots maybe? It kinda look like you cut bits off here and there. I think the filming was great but the acting sucked. I know they are not professional actors and you can tell lol. It looked like a play fight but yeah what can you expect from regular people acting. Great job though.

You had excellent filming. This has to be one of the best student videos I have seen in a long time. I can tell that you did not use the same old, same old movie software that most students usually use, and that is Imovie. It looks like you used something a lot more professional. Also, where did you tape this video? I like the whole landscape and scenery that you guys taped the movie in.So yeah, great job. I also agree with the 5/5 rating given above :]