xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixinno

Halo Vs. Call Of Duty The Ultimate First Person Shooters Go Head to Head

Halo vs. Call of Duty  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Halo is in my opinion, the better game. Dont get me wrong, COD is amazing, but Halo offers an awesome multiplayer system and a great campaign that is truly uniqe. It has other games like Crysis being somewhat based off of it. Call of duty is probably the best actual war simulator, but it is not uniqe like Halo, as Call of Duty is one of those 1,000 other WWII or Modern combat simulators. It has a great zombies mode, and a lot of things that stand out from the crowd, but Halo is cool because of bigger maps, drivable vehicles, and a custom forge mode. Also, halo's content is more suitable for a younger audience, unlike COD, who has a overly controversial scene in almost every one of their game, starting from COD5. More kids recognize a Spartan than a COD soldier. Halo has strategy games, animated manga, books, comics, and board games. Well, after reading this, think again about halo.

Halo is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Call of duty(Crap of duty)and halo fans are more intelligent than cod fanboys sorry i have to talk this way so all of you dumbass cod fanboys can understand that HALO IS EXPONENTIALLY BETTER THAN COD

Call of duty is just easy and addictive. Thats the only reason people like it. The storyline is totally unrealistic. I mean seriously, how can two people dual wield shotguns, hold a machine gun on their back, throw dozens of grenades and call in airstrikes while destroying a whole russian base? and the gameplay is just shoot run die, shoot run die. there is nothing special.However, Halo immerses the player in a completely new environment, and makes each bullet count, and relies on teamwork, not who can pull the trigger faster. Halo is not immature at all, I find that cod, with its spray and pray storyline and gameplay, has no appealing flavor for people with good taste.Overall, Halo wins.

i think halo is better than COD because of these reasons. so i will give good and bad points for HALO so you know what your in for

enjoy

HALO 1,2,3,3 ODST,wars&reach

good points

• good story line
  • diverse weapon types
  • find virtually any vehicle and you can use it
  • amazing graphics
  • map creation mode aka forge mode
  • assassinations
  • rag doll effect
  • diverse enemies

bad points

• too much life
  • repetitive
  • not enough stealth
  • too unrealistic (even though set 500 and i don't know how many years in the future)
​

​

Tankyou :D

I'll vote Call of Duty as the best just because it's more realistic. Halo is 100% sci-fi and has no real-world relevance. Call of Duty can help with learning (and understanding) history, military actions and more. The educational benefit of it alone (plus the fact that the kills are much more realistic, as are the maps) make it the better choice to me.

COD is (in mi opinion) the best fps out there... i mean how many sci-fi games are there where an alien race is trying to destroy humanity (how original) COD games focus on and honor WW2 and remember those who died during the great campaign to rid the world of tyranny (beat that halo) plus COD never had terrible games... halo on the other hand (ahem...ODST)

Dude. there are tons of games like COD so halo isnt the only one. next, Halo is also about saving the world from tyranny andother stuff. Very obvious things you decided to neglect. So using points that anrent valid? Your one to talk.

I agree with above post.CoD is a lot more fun imo then Halo. It feels more real as well as the graphics wich are astonishing. Halo is just frag everyone around you, where CoD requires a lot more tactics and attention from the player.

I would say that both games have great stories and are really fun to play. The first game of the two I played was Halo 3, I enjoyed the game and its campaign but the online was not that good. it was fun but there were not enough game types to choose from. Another reason was the ranking up, witch was not easy because you needed to win to gain one experience point. Then after I got bored of Halo 3 I bought Halo Reach witch was a surprisingly good game. The graphics had improved a lot, and when I first got the game i did not have Xbox Live. I was happy that the ranking up was not Xbox Live only so you could still compare with your friends. Then I got call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and in my opinion was a better game. The campaign was more fun because you could do more things then in the Halo franchise like sprinting you could always do in Call of Duty games. Also the weapons were more familiar with people today. When Modern Warfare 2 came out I was very thrilled that you could drive in first person view. The online was pretty good too. Then when I got MW3 I was so Fing Happy it was the best video game I have Played sense this very day even though i got it a few days ago.

i Vote for halo i think COD is just like all the other war games. They all have the same story line every time, or close enough to it. At least Halo is something new and fresh every time they make it. Its not the same like COD is.

Both games are great but it largely depends on what console you have. If you own a PS3 then Call of Duty is your game as it is slightly better on this platform but on the Xbox 360 console Halo is definitely more worthwhile. But both games are worth a try:Halo has a good story line (however stereotypical) with memorable characters and a diverse selection of enemies and environments. Something that Halo has that Call of Duty doesn't is drive-able vehicles, Warthogs and Scorpions and even the alien vehicles are pretty cool.The weapons of Halo are pretty basic and some are unrealistic. Multiplayer is very good as it has a variety of game types (Like slayer, ctf, juggernaut, infection, firefight etc,) and the ability to customize different variables like gravity, unlimited, limited or even bottomless clip ammo. However I like the diverse selection of weapons within each class in Call of Duty, the perks and killstreaks, and then the experience system (something Halo has just included).The customization options aren't as good as they are in Halo but are still good all the same.If you like running around as a super-soldier,bred to fight aliens that have attacked your home threaten the very existence of humanity then you'll want to buy Halo Reach (Or wait 9-10 months for Halo 4) or if you want the best experience in modern combat without the downsides get Call of Duty.I hope i helped to clear some confused minds.

When Halo was first released it was a great game, but many sequals later and it has gotten worse each time, mainly due to the fact that nothing innovative has been added. Call of Duty 2 and 4 are the only good versions of the game, releases like Modern Warfare 2 and 3 have ruined the online gameplay, story is not bad but could do with much more work, and they have used the same engine since Call of Duty 4 for four of the sequals. On the other hand Battlefield 3 is a great game, they have added many features, and a new engine, with much more interesting gameplay.

Edited by cc0 (see edit history)