xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

I see as firefox as my main choice but its really up to you on what you choose:Firefox is an open-source (Wired mag) Internet browser, thought up by a 18 year old (completed when 19) after many frustrations with Internet explorer. It has a built in pop up blocker that has never once fail me, and is 100% skinnable. It includes TABS, which is a fature that lets you see more than one page in one window. Because of its new scent, noone has bagan to look for a way to deliver viruses thrrough the browser. It has promoted its service by Spreadfirefox.com, which gives of webbanners and free blongs (i think) to spread the word of its arrival. It just recently made the cover of Wired. I think you all know about INternet explorers life enough so i wont go there. Happy descisions, Judson

This has been a topic of discussion for some time now, everywhere :D I've come to the conclusion that Firefox is the best browser of the moment (and no, i'm not just going on the hype here!) , and I've been through IE, Opera, Firefox, Netscape and a few others.What is important, though, is that no browser is perfect. I'm mainly looking at this from a page rendering view here, being a wannabe-web designer. Eg: IE doesnt support <blink>, for example, it also renders a lot of CSS incorrectly. But it is by far the best browser for Javascript etc. Why can't they just make a super-browser, which takes all the best elements from each?But then, I suppose everyone would use it, and hate it as it was the monopoly :DJust the way it goes, I suppose.-vacant

what makes firefox so great is its customizability. imagine what firefox would be without extensions, themes, and without an open source! when you let absolutely anyone submit improvements to the source, and allow for easy creation of extensions without touching the browser source!also, mozilla is really great at advertising its browser... i really do not though how they managed to do it!

what makes firefox so great is its customizability. imagine what firefox would be without extensions, themes, and without an open source! when you let absolutely anyone submit improvements to the source, and allow for easy creation of extensions without touching the browser source!

also, mozilla is really great at advertising its browser... i really do not though how they managed to do it!

45180[/snapback]

Firefox all the way, but not because of it's extentions, themes, and open source code. Because those are all implementations that I don't use. lol. I use the tabbing, pop-up blocking, and everything else for a non-computer programmer... Mainly just the features that are normal. But firefox is still the best. No doubt.

I would choose Firefox anytime because I hate Internet Explorer and Microsoft. Firefox is much faster then Internet Explorer and don't forget...it is free, which I think is the most important advantage.

Well, is there really any decision to be made? It has been done and proclaimed over and over again!!Have no doubts... It IS Firefox! Or whatever they choose to call it the next version (It was called firebird earlier :D )Firefox is technically superior and there is no doubt regarding that. But we should keep in mind that it lacks something that IE is blessed with. IE is bundled with Windows and Windows is the OS of >90% (I think) of all the Pcs in the World!!! Most of the people out there using PCs for basic purposes haven't even heard of the term 'browser' leave alone 'firefox'! So how do you expect them to download and install that software?Most of the 'learned' men with whom I work do not even know the basics of surfing... how do we expect them to 'switch' to firefox? Firefox CANNOT rule the World. Unless Bill Gates buys it or adopts it :D ...which will be a shame if it happens...So, the truths:1. Firefox is the superior browser2. IE is the dominant browser3. Firefox may never be the dominant browser4. It is a pity... and a shame...Hope I will be proven wrong...Googlue

but of course,when you get down to it, the only reason IE got so bad, was because that it was the main brower, the deafault of them. any illiterite computer user wouldnt even realize that there were more browsers to choose from. So , by common sense, a hacker would choose the most widley know browser to hack, because,well, theres more people that are using it. So if firefox begins to dominate the browsers, there will be nothing left of firefox's sparkling sense of virus and pop-up proection. The same story could be compared with a anti-virus software.

I see as firefox as my main choice but its really up to you on what you choose:

Firefox is an open-source (Wired mag) Internet browser, thought up by a 18 year old (completed when 19) after many frustrations with Internet explorer. It has a built in pop up blocker that has never once fail me, and is 100% skinnable. It includes TABS, which is a fature that lets you see more than one page in one window. Because of its new scent, noone has bagan to look for a way to deliver viruses thrrough the browser. It has promoted its service by Spreadfirefox.com, which gives of webbanners and free blongs (i think) to spread the word of its arrival. It just recently made the cover of Wired.

I think you all know about INternet explorers life enough so i wont go there.

Happy descisions,

Judson

45168[/snapback]

I use internet explorer, I don't think that it really matters, I can't really be asked to get firefox, since I already had IE on my PC, and IE has worked fine for me ever since.

i like firefox the most and i have tried them all. but for some reason ie is faster when i use gmail. i have no idea why but firefox takes ages and the pages don't load. i also don't like the way firefox handles downloads as there isn't a dialog box like in ie. but firefox is better i think as pages render very quickly and it has cool skins. the only other browser which is as good as firefox is opera. It can display wml pages which is useful for me because i own a wml site. (wml is like html but for mobile phone browsers) but unfortunatley opera is not free and it gives you a banner ad at the top until you pay so firefox wins. And i hope that all the good browsers aren't very popular- then people will make viruses. I don't mind who else has firefox or if nobody does.... just as long as i have it then i dont mind :D even if my signature shows otherwise :D

some of people may not agree, but I think one of the reasons that Firefox is better than IE is the extensions. It just extend the function of this browser indefinitely. What I liked most is adblock, which blocks all the ads out from webpages, like Yahoo! mail. also chatzilla is one of the best IRC clients out there and it is free.If you don't like the handling of download in Firefox, there are several extensions that could make it much easer and powerful.some other extensions, all-in-one gesture, just blogit, linkidentification, etc, just make browsing easy and fun.

I would definitely prefer Firefox. I was quite skeptical about Firefox at first. I was quite puzzled and went....what in the world is this thing? Why do people say Firefox is way better than IE?At that time, IE worked fine for me. It had not disappointed me yet but I was also interested to see what Firefox was all about.And I never regretted that decision. Now I mostly use Firefox for surfing. You try it, and you'll know what I mean...But the only downside of Firefox is that some pages don't display properly in it. So I have to open these pages in IE. But these pages are like....7% of all the pages I surf so it ain't a rtelaly big issue. Anyway, the webdesigners should have taken the responsibility of making sure that the website displays properly in different browsers.That's the only issue. If not, Firefox is the perfect browser for me!-Shackman

Firefox, if only for security.Before i got firefox, i would get craploads of spyware every day, i had to run ad-aware and spybot every day and it would find 20+ things. after i finally relented and installed firefox, i get 1-2 a month or less. and there always just cookies. i know this will probably change over time and firefox becomes more popular and people start exploiting it and stuff.. but stilllfor now, firefox seems to be the best(and it doesn't cost money like opera)